1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 12 | Silverstone | GB | Aug 27-29

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 23, 2021.

1. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'd hope not. Then maybe they'd be starting better p10 and p11, giving themselves a better chance to fight upfront without having to work through the field and find a way to pass more powerful bikes.

2. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Well, they know the Suzook is down on power to the whole field. Staying in the draft will be key in the race...just don't know if they can get the grunt off the corners to keep up this weekend. Id be happy with a P5 for either of them.

3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

The Yamaha doesn’t have the terrible starts any longer so the other will need to get in front and rough him up if/when he passes. I’m with you, that if he gets out front he’ll start his Lorenzo imitation and that will be that. As long as his ankle holds up.

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Was it the Yamaha getting bad starts or just Vinny?

5. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Rins proved that at the end of the race he had grip whereas the other bikes used up the back tire by the end. And guess what?!?!...its the UK and rain is always a chance.

Back in 02 I was at the track in Silverstone. The Texas Tornado won R1 in the rain after Bayliss crashed. It was May so rain was more like a given than a chance. I was wet and cold bbbbrrrrr

6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Mav couldn’t get to T1 first if they let him go when the lights came on.

The other Yamahas weren’t getting Maverick level bad starts but they weren’t good compared to the others. That was fixed a few rounds ago.

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Think Qatar round 1 Turn 1 first lap.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Second to last to start the race....guess he has the pace....to not finish last

9. lopitt85

It's all relative. He may be almost dead last there, but he's still faster than 99.99999999% of motorcycle racers on this planet of 6 billion people. ;):D

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

this is always the worst argument when trying to compare a pro to others. of course they'll be faster/better than 99.9% of others out there. It was/is their job.

11. lopitt85

Ok, I'll give you that. But it you look at the actual difference in laptimes, you still can't say he's SLOW. He's still within fractions of a second of the other top riders in the world after having not raced all year!

He's not putting around out there 5+ seconds off pace.

12. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Dani sure didn’t show it in his last full season when he finished out of the top ten, with no podiums...

BigBird likes this.
  13. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Also Dani has been testing the KTM for what, the last 3 years. Imo, with these guys its about drive not talent.

14. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Something something... Honda made their bike hard to ride by suiting one rider...

15. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Same thing with Yamaha, only one guy is consistent on it.

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

As far as the factory team, the debate is still open if this is because of the bike........

17. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

wake n bake was always a joke to myself n friends... the real quote is stay awake to bake... as in giddy to watch the races

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Unless Fenati runs away, this M3 race at Silverstone has all to make it a gaggle race to whole contest.

Keep safe!

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

One of the most boring Moto3 races all year.

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Yup!

I'm fearing M2.....