1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 12 | Silverstone | GB | Aug 27-29

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Ai Ogura wallowing around in the teens. Expect him and Cam to come through?

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Acosta and Garcia didn't make it out of Q1 in Moto3. This race will be fun! :clap:

henry_carlson likes this.
  3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Pol on pole!

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Pole Asparagus

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

What the heck?

6. Pol on Pole, not the pole. And it’s not a typo :)

7. Spang308

Lets pool our thoughts and take a poll about Pol being on pole.

8. Spang308

Dammit, Cam missed Q2 by .006

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. As long as it’s not Pol-itical. Damn that was a really bad joke. My apologies that I’m not sorry for being sorry.

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

Pol Espargaro in the #1 starting spot
    Aleix Espargaro in the #1 whiner spot

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

He’ll have company soon. Should be a hoot…

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  12. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Look out for Jorge Martin...I predict he will be fighting for a win Sunday.

13. Spang308

I think the only fight is for second. I think they made a setup change that didn't work or the bike didn't like the soft compound tire that he won't be on tomorrow, but before that Quattro was half second ahead of everyone. If he gets a decent start, he'll likely check out fairly quickly.
    Martin certainly looks on par with the other podium contenders though.

14. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Based off of his normal race pace I'd say hes still sitting pretty. He's starting in P19 instead of P28. I'm optimistic of a top 10 finish here. I'm not just hoping, I think he has a great shot at it. Even the announcers always talk about his ability to move forward due to his race craft.

15. Spang308

I agree, but getting into Q2 and latching onto the back of a really fast guy could've netted him a top 10 start and possibly a top 5 or podium. That's a strong uphill battle from 19th. He's been better on Sundays all season when he doesn't crash out.

16. lopitt85

General question here but why dont more teammates work together to provide each other a tow to faster laptimes?

I remember watching the VR46 boys do it last year...repeatedly. It seemed to work great for them.

I know you want to beat your teammate, but if you can help each other to better starting positions first, then why not?

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Because that's asking people to use their heads to override their feelings. They want to be their teammate in qualifying too, even though losing one spot on the grid is hardly a F1-level handicap. If you tell them that doing it on their own will result in fourth and eighth spots on the grid, but running together will get them fifth and sixth, I bet most of them choose to do it on their own.

Circacee likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

A strong holeshot device negates any quali advantage gained playing draft games. There's so much happening before T1 these days.

19. lopitt85

Yeah, but why not use your holeshot from device from 5th instead of 11th? (just random numbers thrown in there).

And as close as the grids are right now, that little bit gained in the draft or from having a rabbit can make huge differences in grid position.

Working together didnt seem to hurt those teammates last season, and I thought I would see it more this year after how well it worked for them. I remember the announcers pointing it out several times too.

20. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Its a good question but the answer may be difficult to answer. For example, can you imagine Mir and Rins being told..".hey follow each other and work together to better your lap times." I think Rins might say bug off...I nipped MM last time here I don't need his (mir) help.