1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021-2022 | Off-Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 17, 2021.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He has a lot of training miles on R6s.

BigBird likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Meat grinder class....if you can succeed in Moto3, which is the ultimate meat grinder, where you can lose 10 positions and gain 10 positions in 2 turns, I think he'll be ok.

3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Didn't mean to say he will do poorly, but to be consistent enough to win the championship is something else. He will have too many bad days / crashes for that.

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

GP: If the ducs don't take it next year, I'll be surprised. Pecco just keeps getting better and Martin in an animal in his own right. Let's not forget how badly injury impacted his season as well and he still looked fantastic through a lot of it. Fabio will of course be there. Morbidelli is hard to call. I get he's probably being careful right now but man his results all the way through the end of the season just feel lackluster compared to his 2020 self. If there turns out to be some truth to the Brivio rumors, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mir rekindle some old magic. He showed some flashes of brilliance this year. Marc is done. My dark horse (more wishful thinking than fact based) is Oliveira. Man I hope he can find his 2020 self. When he was on, he was awesome. Would love to see him back in the mix regularly. I'll add Bastiannini as someone who will just continue to claw his way towards the front. Tech 3 may do ok but I'll be surprised if they get a podium.

Moto 2: Lowes will crash away another title. Cam will be more consistently in the top 10 with 3-4 top 5s. Acosta will do well, probably finish in the top 3 but I doubt we'll see the dominance we saw at times this year. That said, it also won't surprise me if I'm wrong.

Moto 3: Foggia dominance with Garcia (is he staying in moto 3?) challenging but coming up short.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just to clarify, I am not saying he has a championship in the bag either. I see a minimum of four guys he will need to prove he can beat in his first year. I want to see a few before declaring a Pedrosa situation.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Also Pedro will be on the team that had the 1/2 Riders in the championship this year and by a large margin. So best team, Moto3 champ, it could be a recipe for a Moto2 Championship.

Also, notice the new MotoGP age limit doesn't apply to a Moto3 champion

Senna likes this.
  7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

https://www.facebook.com/NowMotoNews/

noles19 likes this.
  8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  9. Dan Dubeau

He's under the Honda umbrella now and has GP experience. Says a lot about Honda's faith and commitment in him to challenge for a wsbk title if they would yank him back into gp to fill in for an injured Marc.

noles19 likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

MotoGP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>WSBK

11. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That certainly strikes me as a reliable source!!! I could make up better stuff than that and post it on the facetubes, too.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Sign me up to support Frankie.....I give him a 10% chance, which is enough for me.

13. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

^^^this^^^

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Sign your name if you think MM93 is done

I’d like to pull a Papa and come back to this

thanks.

wac and HPPT like this.
  15. Dan Dubeau

I don't think he's done, but I don't think he's going to stomp a hole in the grid like he used too. Both due to his physical ailments, and also due to the rest of the grid (riders and capable machinery). If he does though......THEN we can start talking about goat status......

16. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Done racing or done winning championships? Done with Honda? I need to know what I'm signing.

17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I think he's done winning championships.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  18. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Who pushed Rossi and Lorenzo into retirement again...

19. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

GP is dead now. I'm off to follow the Dakar and maybe professional corn-holing. Dwarf fencing and whatever is on The WB.

Circacee likes this.
  20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I dunno. I guess sign your name wherever it fits.

move seen:

done racing
    Done winning races
    Done winning championships

sign where the shoe fits