1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021-2022 | Off-Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 17, 2021.

1. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I don't think so either but Valentino Rossi does (especially if he's competitive).

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They do in the us but not big, probably bigger than motoamerica though.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was going to say they are kind of big in the US. Rich guys race ‘em and prop up the series but there are also some serious teams with big backing running the series. Good shit.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, I'm not questioning the seriousness of the effort and money spent. But the stands always look empty on TV over here. Unless you're talking about GT cars sharing the track with world endurance championship prototypes.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hmmm, you might be right. The races I went and saw I went as a guest of teams and don’t remember how the actual crowds were but it’s been years since I went.

Punisher Beth used to have some serious connections in that world and she still might know people there.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

How about a new logo...will that satisfy you?

1642176043414.jpg

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Bold.

BigBird likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

More like Italic

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Change for no other reason then to change. Oh boy, that’ll get alllll the chicks.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

BNG...taking a page out of @Steeltoe

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Honda and Repsol will never radically change the look of the bikes as long as repsol is the main sponsor. It’s not just getting the repsol name out there but it’s also making the fans think of the repsol name and colors when someone talks about Honda motogp. Same basic scheme since day one and if you think of repsol or Honda motogp you think of those graphics and colors.

same reason you don’t see a larger sponsor join the team and “ruin” the same old scheme. I’m sure Honda could land a large second sponsor but repsol would nix it.

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

This whole GOAT debate is silly. It's Rossi. Suck it. Greatest does not equal fastest nor most talented. Numbers alone, in the premier class (in an age where there was actually competition), Rossi has it. Who gives a shit about 125/moto3 and 250/moto2 championships? We gonna start counting national titles and miniGP ships as well? Premier class is all that matters. Marc is absolutely the most talented rider I think any of us have ever seen. And next is probably Stoner. But being that fast at the expense of crashing yourself into an early retirement doesn't make you the GOAT. Who's to say that Rossi couldn't have been just as fast but played it smart by not constantly riding over the edge so he could continue racing for 20 years? Stoner was undoubtedly insanely skilled as well but similarly, he simply wasn't around long enough to capitalize (for different reasons obviously).

If Marc can get healthy, maybe he takes GOAT status. But he aint there yet.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So many gaping holes in this, you should just back away slowly. :D

stk0308 and Robby-Bobby like this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think Quentin nailed it here.... Rossi had plenty of speed in reserve, but after a few incidents, including the broken leg, he dialed things back because he has other outside things going on. Marquez, not so much. That dude is only about winning the race.

17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

He kept all his speed in reserve after that bike went flying across his bow in Austria. That happened and he was like "check please".

BigBird and ungwaha like this.
  18. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Marquez will never have the hysteria and fandom of Rossi. Rossi has/had a following unlike anyone before or since. Hell, Marquez got booed on the podium more than once. Comparing past vs current stats, level of competition can drag on forever, but in the eyes of the fans, there is no comparison. Rossi was singular in his popularity with the fans.

19. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Rightfully so. U cant blame a man for that.

britx303 and BigBird like this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Every man should be so lucky as to realize the moment his luck has run out before a catastrophic occurrence.... most of us would give a fortune for that insight... I know I would.

BigBird likes this.