1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 8 | Spain| Catalunya| Sep 25-27

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Mir is so good on used tires. Which seems to really com into play this year. If he can qualify and start better and not have to spend the whole race filtering to the front he'd be pretty unstoppable. Rins really surprised me.

Is Franky on the same bike as all the other Yamaha guys next year? Reading the Rossi press for next year it mentioned he'd be on the same bike as Mav and Fabio, but no mention of Franky. Is he not getting the goods next year?

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

He was on the 'B' bike this year... IIRC

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

ah, didn't know that. I thought both Petronas guys were on the same bikes as factory.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That was my recollection, too.

5. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hahahaha

"It remains the same, you arrive from winning, and then you do this disaster of a race, and your head is crazy. At this moment, my head is crazy, I don't understand nothing."

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Vale's crash seemed completely unprovoked. Every angle plus the onboard seemed spot on normal compared to his other laps.

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Track temp dropped and he didn't back off a hair like other were having to because their tires were more worn than his

9. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Honestly, I thought he had nailed the tire management strategy at that point. He was pulling a half a tenth here and there and in the mid laps You could see him braking a little earlier than the others, he wasn't having as much wiggle on exit, etc.

BigBird likes this.
  10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

He did have it nailed... until he didn't. Sucks, I was getting super pumped for him.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I agree, and that's what makes me thinking that because he managed his tires better than the other his tire degradation didn't fall off like Franco and Fabio, leading to him having more tire grip but the track didn't have enough grip in turn 2 and down goes Frazier.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

bagnia from 14 to 6..... was pretty great run too

13. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

*Mettle*

Jedb and BHP41 like this.
  14. Scott47

Scott47 Well-Known Member

Is Rins still suffering from his shoulder injury or has Mir surpassed him in terms of race pace.

15. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Miller and Peco to factory Duc .

NemesisR6 likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Both. He did say that the shoulder is still not 100%.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

And Zarco and Martin to PRAMAC

18. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I like that pairing but i'm surprised KTM let Martin go to Duc.