1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020-2021 | Off-Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 30, 2020.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

He’s going to have to show next year that he can handle it. He’s got the speed but he’ll be under even more pressure next year to perform. There are quite a few Japanese riders coming through now that will be catching the eye of HRC.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

like this guy

[​IMG]

scottn likes this.
  3. BHP41

Lol.

That guy has full blown emperor status as far as HRC is concerned.

BigBird likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Too bad he fell on his sword.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean he did it for the right reasons, right?

He's a racer's racer. He wanted to get back out there ASAP. Unfortunately for him and the rest of us, it didn't work out :(

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

honda built the 19 bike admitting it would be difficult for anyone but Marquez to ride it. Designing a bike for one rider only makes it a bad bike for all the other riders.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Isn't there like 5 or 6 Japanese riders in moto3 for 2021? 1 in moto2 and 1 in motoGP?

Looks like they are looking for the next great japanese hope.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

My money's on Ai Ogura!

BigBird likes this.
  9. BHP41

100% but we didn’t really see what the others could do with it. Lorenzo was scared of how you had to ride it after his back injury. Crutchlow wasn’t even sure he’d be able to walk easily after PI in ‘18 much less ride a GP bike. Taka only got the ‘19 this year.

BigBird likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

mulit-year offseason for this guy

upload_2020-12-18_15-29-1.png

11. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

Good thing he went for the medium.

12. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

This comment wins! :crackup::crackup:

PPPope likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sounding like Monster is going to Petronas with Rossi.

henry_carlson and BigBird like this.
  14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

They paid big money to buy Lorenzo out of his Rockstar contract so it makes sense.

BigBird likes this.
  15. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Tito Rabat confirmed at Barni Ducati in WSBK.

I'm happy for him and I hope he returns to his Moto2 form now that he has a good bike and a good team at his disposal.

cpettit likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He was in the suck for so long that I'm not optimistic. I sure hope he can recover from it.

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I always wondered what happened to him. He was awesome in moto2, but was a complete caboose in motogp. It couldn't have been all the bikes fault?

Edit: I just went and checked out his results, and maybe I was remembering his Moto2 years better than they were. Didn't realize he'd spent so many years there either. In his 5 years in the big class he only ever scored 132 points total....

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Came in on a Honda at a time when the satellite bikes were too much of a handful. It wasn't very easy for Morbidelli either despite his stellar Moto2 performance. And then there was that bad injury. Seems he was never the same after that. I mean, even after Zarco came into Avintia with serious Ducati support, Tito did not seem to improve compared to the years when they were struggling.

Just my opinion.

19. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I’d point to Redding as someone who also sucked in moto gp but did good moving to wsbk.

The Great One likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Agreed, but Redding still looked like he had some fight in him by the time he got booted even if he wasn't that good. Tito looks like he's broken.