1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020-2021 | Off-Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 30, 2020.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I found it more interesting that Aprilia will now have 2x bikes on the factory squad + 2 satellite bikes, so the grid is expanding to 24 bikes. That's great!

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

but why? so now we know who the bottom 4 bikes are, instead of 2?

expanded grid with the race winning factories would be the move. i wonder who would actually want to ride those things since Aprilia couldn't even sign a rider to the factory squad.

Newyork and ShadowBoxer like this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I look at it as a general sign of good health in the sport. I remember when the grid was 16 bikes and they were resorting to adding streetbikes to fill the spaces.

nd4spd and BigBird like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Most likely nope. Gresini Aprilia (if they can find someone to pay), VR46 Yamaha and Petronas Suzuki.

But anything could happen.

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah i was going to say at least it's more bikes, but this is the quality vs quantity scenario. I can't wait to see either Petronas or VR46 on some Suzuki's and the other on some Yamahas.

ShadowBoxer and motion like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

24 bikes is a lot better then 16 but remember, Dorna is paying the lease fees for the bikes, in a lot of cases the manufacturers are paying the riders and the satellite teams are just searching for operating, spares and crash damage money.

Some 'tarded euro phag is gonna get a hardon about Energy drinks and ban them. My bet is it will be some french salad tosser. Everything comes tumbling down if they ban the energy drinks.

Newyork and BigBird like this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Nah... the vaccine brands will replace them. No worries.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

The Pfizer Suzuki (The Little Blue Machine), AstraZeneca Yamaha (We are always behind the others) and the Moderna Ducati(we are nothing but Modern)....I like the ring of those

Newyork, Quicktoy, Yzasserina and 4 others like this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dick pill, toe fungus oral spray and ear lobe lubricant money for all! :D

Some dip shit is gonna bring up CBD money but that's a three legged card table for the kids on Thanksgiving cluster f@ck. Never gonna get off the ground 'cause it's a bigger scam then Rich Energy.

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Nice to know this isnt just limited to soccer players haha. If this is like the other high profile cases he will be found guilty and have to pay a hefty fine to avoid jail time!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-euro...i, along with his father,with a €180,000 fine.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ine-for-tax-evasion-avoids-jail-idUSKCN1PG0R2

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Rossi had the same thing happen to him in Italy. I think he ended up paying them like $30M+ Euros at the time. So now he just lives there since he pays the tax person.

henry_carlson likes this.
  12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Man the guy from superbikeplanet is a insufferable prick

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why this time?

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I REALLY want to see Pedrosa wildcard race that KTM.....

Newyork, Quicktoy, MachineR1 and 3 others like this.
  17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

2020 robbed us of the Pedro and Lorenzo wildcards.

BigBird likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, but didn't he say he has no interest in doing any?

BigBird likes this.
  19. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

For some reason he’s on twatter and dumping on American Racing, Hopkins, and Baubiererere

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I went and looked, he wasn't wrong about the Hopper part but it does smack of douche canoeing. I didn't read beyond that.