1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP 2019 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd think they had Marquez all groomed and ready to move up with Marc VDS if he was running better. Sponsors and he knows the team.

If they leave for Suzuki (contract isn't signed and official announcement hasn't been made) or they jump to Yamaha (if Yamaha stops looking at their satellite team as a cash cow) that screws it all up.

He smells like day old fish for the factory ride but who knows what Honda is thinking or what was in Marquez 1's contract when he resigned.

2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Yeah but look at other Moto2 riders that have come up with less talent (in my opinion): Half-fish Siren, Folger, Nakagami, Luthi, maybe Rins, Lowes

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nakagami had a few things that Marquez doesn't. A sponsor with $$$ and an even better passport than M2.

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Ummm they have an all Spanish team now. :Poke:

BigBird and rcarson15 like this.
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I guess I should have highlighted the brother link....

6. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

yea but soon Pedrosa will retire and they're gonna need another Spaniard to play second fiddle to Marc with no hopes of winning the championship ever. HE could be that guy! :D

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Pick KTM over Repsol Honda, that sounds like a foolish decisions to me :confused:

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Depends on the size of the check.

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Something about that article seems fishy.

14. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

These articles seem to miss that the Yamaha second team is a short term prospect - Rossi will get it as soon as he says so, unless they give him the factory team which is unlikely.

While the musical chairs is interesting, these teams know VR46 will have a team soon and they could lose their spot at the MotoGP table if they sign w Yamaha. Unless they are willing to be bought out and go home.

15. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

If Dani is kicked to the curb, and Zarco going Orange, who will fill the HRC seat? Will Cal move over to Repsol? Then who will pick up his empty seat? Or will HRC bet on another young talent from Moto2? Not A Marquez, as he's too mercurial, it appears, for HRC type stuff. Hm. Intriguing.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's motomatters, I give it a a lot more credibility than say the Italian media

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

17. dsapsis

Agreed. Maybe fishy isnt right, but extremely surprised if accurate. Who do you replace Dani with? It makes no sense. There is no one to promote up from Moto2. Cal? Arent HRC parts even more expensive than GIVI parts? I was guessing Repsol might mount a third bike for Zarco like they did with Dovi back when. Zarco not taking a Repsol seat (irrespective of Dave's comment about $$) also does not compute. Maybe its just me. Maybe they are vying for Dovi in a gambit move to get him off a bike that has shown great competiveness. Who knows?

BigBird likes this.
  18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

IMO there's nobody that they would want to give Dani up for, aside from maybe Zarco. They don't want somebody like Cal in that seat. Marc crashes enough by himself. I remember seeing some article where Cal talks about if Zarco was on a Honda he doesn't think he'd be competitive.

19. dsapsis

And if Dani really is available, why isnt KTM swooping in on that?

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

As I recall, the only reason they had a 3rd seat was because Dovi had a strong contract, didn't sound like they really wanted a 3rd seat.

I agree, Dani would be a good move to most teams. It appears the Honda is very hard to ride well, and if you listen to the guy that is able to win any race, in his own mind, it appears he was surprised how difficult the Honda was when he came over from Ducati/Yamaha.

I think Pedrosa could do very well on a Yamaha, and possibly Suzuki or KTM.