1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 7 | Spain | Catalunya| June 14 - 16

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 10, 2019.

1. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

They were teaching him how to use the new HRC torpedo device.

2. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t it be ironic at the end of Cals career, he goes into the Gravel Business.

MV Rider, Phl218 and TLR67 like this.
  3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Unless Marquez was doing a photo shoot neither of you could get close enough to hit him...

4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Except he didn't wait :beer:

Phl218 likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Tough break for JL. In all honesty, what is he suppose to do. You either be aggressive trying to go forward or you quickly get relegated to the back and in this case he didn’t appear to be over aggressive or even pushing beyond his means, IMO. Just one of those things and I’m surprised these types of incidents don’t occur more frequently. Just bad luck for him. I hope he gets things turned around.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He fell down, that's kind of proof positive of pushing beyond your means :D All of those bikes ahed of him were never gong to be passed by him prior to the corner, so they were always going to be on his right - and at the speed he chose he was never going to be able to stay far enough left without well...falling down. I agree it was probably over exuberance actually being up there or maybe Honda really did put their foot down last week but it was still all him with no extenuating circumstances that I could see other than those 4 riders daring to be in his way :D

Adam.B and xrated like this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Response:

[​IMG]

Short:
    I was an idiot and I still am.

Attached Files:

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Meh,

I think he's handling it as he should.

Glass houses and all.

G 97, pscook and crashman like this.
  9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'm not a Lorenzo fan, but he was trying to push hard from the start, and I gotta respect that. What surprised me was when he realized he was running out of room, he turned in tighter. Normally, in that situation you see the rider stand it up to use more of the meat of the tire to get it stopped. I wonder if he thought he could scrub more with the front than he was ultimately was able to.

Fabio got swallowed up badly and conceded his position so many times on the first lap or two. When Marquez cut off his front wheel, he lost so much speed. I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but I kinda wish he would have held his line to force the issue a little more.

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Usually any time a front wheel gets bumped by someone else's back wheel, the front wheel dude loses.
    Seen way too many motorcycle and bike races where the front wheel dude goes down.

cBJr likes this.
  11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Fucking Roy lol. I love Roy. Don't know how many of y'all know Roy in person, but he's EXACTLY, in person, just like he posts on here. He may be effed up, or maybe not. But he talks the same way in person as he does on here. He'll keep you rolling lol.

12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

For adequate remuneration, I believe that I could deactivate my sense of self preservation while simultaneously activating the traction and wheelie controls, drop the clutch, and get the job done. I'm not proud to admit it, but I once intentionally t-boned a rider in turn one on the restart after said rider took out my kid during the initial start. He didn't seem surprised.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

So Guintolli > World Champions

Thanks JLo

Sent from my smatrfone

MachineR1 likes this.
  14. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Bullshit. I would have another chance each time he lapped me.

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am thinking y'all have overestimated your abilities...:p

16. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Fabio Quatararo bitches !!!!!!!

BROsiah and cpettit like this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well yeah obviously after the fact that he did fall down, it’s pretty simple to just equate it to pushing beyond his means - we all know this. I guess in an absolute sense, it’s a moot point. At the same time, from what I saw, I don’t think he was riding above his limits. Only when conditions changed, he found himself caught out. I certainly don’t think he was riding hairball.
    I’m sure Honda was on his mind. :D

18. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Thank you for this.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

umm I'm a fan of his, but let's say he got lucky 4 riders went down who were in front of him, 3 from no fault of their own. And, at that point he had dropped down to 8th place from second.

So let's say, he took advantage of the situation, but it was not because he was faster than most of the grid in the race.

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Elias dropped down to 5th or 6th in the first race too. Look what happened there.