1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 3 | USA | April 12 -14

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Zarco will likely be looking to get back on a Yammy soon. Morbidelli and Quartararo are essentially on the Yamaha development program. Lots of options. Mav is a disappointment for sure. Even when he has the pace, he drops through the field like a brick. At least this year. Maybe the bike is too 46 based, but that doesn't explain the Petronas kids running so well.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Good job Rins, but the old gray mare ain't what she used to be.

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Soon is not for at least two years. New riders come along and riders are forgotten.

Unless he has a great lawyer but I bet red bull has better ones. He's KTM and better get on with it.

4. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

My son I happened to walk by the HRC pod/office and Marc was there helping the team packing up together with one of his mechanics, impressive!

5. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

It was awesome to be at my first GP and see Rins take the win!! Then I watched Herrin take the win and stamp Suzuki on the day.,Then I found myself here for the win! Lol
    IMG_1598.jpg
    COTA is an Impressive venue. I walked an average of 21k steps each day according to my Fitbit Versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TurboBlew, Steeltoe, BigBird and 4 others like this.
  6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Maybe but he’s still an incredible tactician, generally very consistent (forcing him into 2 mistakes is a rarity), and Rins still beat plenty of other great riders by a long shot. Rossi just happened to be the one with him at the end.

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Sad. I said last year this ride was gonna be the death of Zarcos career and it’s looking like I’ll be right. I think he could’ve been a top contender by next year on the right bike. Now he’ll probably fade out to forgotten within 3-4 years. Unless he can pull some miracle development for KTM. They’ve got the money. Just not sure if he has the experience to help development. I hope I’m wrong.

8. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Danny Pedrosa is going to do the KTM bike development.

:D

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

The bizarre (and comical) part was Marc flopping the bike after lifting it. I think that was why he couldn't get it bump started.
    He gets going like usual and he'd have made it back to top 5.

10. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

The fact that Rossi clawed that much back on the final lap was remarkable, fantastic race.
    Reminds me of why I root for him.
    Great job and well deserved by Rins.

turbulence likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If they can put humpty dumpty back together after his motogp career.

Dude needs to wrap himself in bubble wrap and never go outside ever again.

12. Spang308

Bike didn't look too hurt. Would have been fun to watch right up until he starting using competitive 5-10 running bikes as berms on his way to the front.

turbulence, stk0308 and Dragginass like this.
  13. Spang308

In his defense, he's dwarf sized and petite. He has to be fragile and some of the get offs he's had the last few years have been ugly. He's getting old too. Old=brittle. I know.

14. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Any word on jlo two mechanicals, I assume the first one was a thrown chain?

And listening onboard Marc’s crash it kind of sounded like the throttle hung a while he was braking.

15. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Mav is headed for the same fate. Schwantz warned at the time that he was probably better off as Fast Guy Developing New Bike than leaving for an old factory team with a living legend as his teammate. He had a good start after the move, but it's all but collapsed now.

16. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

JLO fucked again.

17. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

Yea fucked out of 14th.

BigBird likes this.
  18. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Tiger wins the green jacket today after everyone said he’d never win another major. Is this year the return of the old guys? Hmm maybe some 46 futures are in the cards. The year of the doctor?

Dragginass and KrooklynSV like this.
  19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Hopefully he will hang around awhile and get a shot at a factory ride.

20. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast