1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 17 | Phillip Island | Stoner Country | Oct 25-27

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 21, 2019.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I don't expect him to change at all.......this is hard-wired into his riding.

However, I will not apologize for having concerns that certain actions can have dire consequences, no matter how spectacular they may be to watch.

2. rwdfun

rwdfun

Saying it's a stretch to compare is a bit of a stretch.

MM does that leading the race early with 20 bikes all nose to tail and 2 or 3 wide trying to gain places and I'm not sure how turning broadside at a snails pace ends well. MM is an alien. The rest of the field is not

badmoon692008, BigBird and NemesisR6 like this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

I’ve said that a while ago. There are active gyroscopes in that MM honder

motion and R1M370 like this.
  4. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

He is not the alien, the bike is :crackup:.

5. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

No kicking involved this time....

6. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

This is completely different. The Sepang incident was a right hander. This is a left.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

The sepang incident with Simoncelli was a right hander.
    The Marquez save we are talking about is also a right hander.

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I was referring to the "kicking incident" in the post directly above mine which also references the "kicking incident" in 2015.

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

The other difference is that this time Marquez was making a pass around the outside of a slow rider and not getting stuffed and then forced way off line by someone bitter they aren't faster.

10. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw that too.

11. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I cringe a little when I see MM pull off these saves too. The Simoncelli incident is obviously in the forefront, but that save also very nearly put him on a direct path into the tire wall. Something similar to that happening with a firm barrier could be extremely dangerous.

His saves are amazing and he definitely won't change, but I do tense up a bit when I watch some of them.

Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Just to be clear, you did mean this is 'Passenger', right?....

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Always with the drama at Phillip Island.

14. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

snow is good

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Good thing about a stoppage is you get Collin and Bayliss hanging with Suzi Perry on BTSport chatting racing. Pure gold. Need this all on record!

16. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

the difference i see is that #58's incident was a fast corner sliding to the outside and when his front tire finally hooked up he cut back across 3/4 of the pavement into oncoming traffic.

Mark was in a fairly slow corner on the inside. People would have plenty of time to see him sliding and adjust to take an outside line. If someone was directly behind him with no time to react and made a collision it would have been a normal racing incident regardless if he saved it or not. Had mark just let the crash happen he would have been at a dead stop in the middle of the track, probably red flag.

Technically speaking it was amazing. It looked like he kept the bars intentionally locked, prolonging the slide, until he found a comfortable speed where he could gas out of the slide and let the bike snap back straight.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Anyone looking for MotoGP qualifying video or results: postponed to due winds 60kph gusting to 80kph.

Moto2 and Moto3 did get their qualifying sessions in.

18. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Isn't that why they have the Swiss cheese failings??

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

Eastern time:

upload_2019-10-26_8-56-59.png

Attached Files:

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

MotoGP Race at Midnight:

upload_2019-10-26_8-59-42.jpeg

cBJr likes this.