1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 13 | Misano | Italy | Sep 13-15

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Damn. Missed it. Off to over there lol

BigBird likes this.
  2. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

The thing I noticed about Marquez was his ability to reel FQ in while trail braking. Like 2-3 bike lengths easily.

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

MM was toying with FQ. He just waited to put on a little show at the end. Certainly he could have passed him way earlier in the race.

BigBird likes this.
  4. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

This is very true^^ . Back in 94 , I had a mechanic friend who worked with Jamie Bowman in the AMA supersport class. At that time, Bowman was sponsored by Vance & Hines Yamaha and Dunlop . My Mechanic friend gave me a Dunlop tire from Jamie Bowman’s stash of tires . He explained to me that Dunlop had three compounds for the DOT SS tire . The Compounds were distinguished by a single colored stripe on top of the tire . Not sure on the exact color blue , green , red maybe yellow ? But a short time later on the front cover of Roadracing World . The title was “ Jim Allen(Dunlop)the Vindictive Tire Barron” Big Article ,with interviews from privateers about the cheater tires in the AMA .

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I guess he CTRL-ALT-DELETEd on lap 22....

I suggest a shutdown & restart.

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

ALT+ F4

8. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I would never want to see it happen, but what if Marc got injured and had to miss a large chunk of races? Who else can reliably win for them? Does Crutchlow have the pace? :crackup:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, guess it didn't seem huge because I was totally expecting it :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was thinking the latter at the time. May go watch it again later.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it matters they were both appreciably slower the last lap than the previous ones.

12. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

So Zarco out and Mika Kalio in for the rest of the season at KTM..... Damn, pretty harsh. Guess they don't want to deal the French man anymore.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Isn't he trashing KTM every chance he gets? Sort of the impression I'm getting. If so, he deserves a sacking.

14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Marc will still win, but I think it’d give other manufacturers the chance to upend Honda for a season or 2 by allowing for radical innovation. There is no real innovation now other than from Ducati, just endless optimization. Even Ducati’s ‘radical’ ideas are pretty tame compared to what’s possible.

Well, we have the Hondacati point and squirt and the Yamazuki corner speed machines. Those are the general forms even if Rins and Quartararo hang off the bike different. With spec tires it’s even a big risk to run something other than Brembo/Ohlins/aluminum twin spar. With a tire developed for their bike KTM might already have a bike that turns without having to copy the chassis everyone else has

15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

No sense continuing to invest in him if he’s gonna be gone. At least if they can’t find a suitable full time rider for 2020 they give Kallio the best chance of succeeding. He’s an extremely credible rider with tons of time on the bike, having him around racing for a season wouldn’t be the end of the world. Mika will also be with them for years to come, so whatever he learns for the remainder of the season they’ll have access to.

With the way it ended it probably creates a demoralized atmosphere. Better for everyone just to move on quickly.

16. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I wonder how that phone call went. I also wonder if Zarco cried.

scottn and Bruce like this.
  17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That's more related to a stability and, to extent, clarity in the rules. Mfgs like this.

Want innovation? Ask for new rules every year (No brakes, Ludicrous maximum weight, Diesel fuel, ...Sky's the limit)

But careful what you wish for, the spectacle might get a beating.... Plenty of innovation in F-Zzzzzzzzz-1, makes for fascinating engineering magazine articles but that's about it.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  18. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

What are the other general styles of racing motorcycles besides point/shoot and maximizing cornerspeed?

Brembo and Ohlins were doing most of the winning leading up to the spec tire rule taking effect, so I think you're witnessing the cream rising to the top, not "forced technical convergence".

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean there are others, off the top of my head:

[​IMG]

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!