1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 13 | Misano | Italy | Sep 13-15

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 10, 2019.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

What, they can have 'cheater engines' now in MotoGP?

Someone will need to explain that one to me since there's no power limit rules....

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The guys who lose will never ever admit they had the same equipment. Rossis achievements were indeed done with help, but it was far from just Michelin. I will give Matt a bit in that I think Rossi and team had to work harder on their entire setup than MM does but that doesn't change just how amazing Marquez is and the things he can pull off on a bike not many if any other riders could do.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Specific compounds and construction secrets aren't remotely the same as who is getting which tires.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Lol I know. I was teasing.

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:
    I was thinking the same thing. I sure did not see the Honda acting like Marquez had a nitrous button...

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was watching with my friend and his 13-year-old daughter. She was the first one to ask how the Honda did that. :D

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

How long did it take you to explain race craft?

8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You didnt see how MM just zoomed past him on the front straight at the start of the last lap? ... must've been watching a different race than the rest of us.

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

He went by so fast that Fabio didn't actually pass him back in T4.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I saw MM drop back a hair and get a better drive and then not brake anywhere near as soon into T1. Didn't see any zooming.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did you watch the helicopter shot?

thrak410 likes this.
  12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Maybe he got one of those special requests filled to turn his engine up ala formula 1?

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Oh shit, they were serious with the cheater motor comments.

Well that's cool.

14. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

All year long, the Honda has been able to walk the Yamahas down the straights and Yamaha's biggest weakness has been spinning the rear out of the corners on used rubber. Not surprised Marc was able to get a better drive out of the last corner and then motor on by Fabio...

pscook, KrooklynSV and Phl218 like this.
  15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I mean it couldn’t be that he’s a better rider with better race craft than a rookie. He had to have been cheating. Someone fork over the protest fee and let’s tear his motor down! :clap:

Phl218 likes this.
  16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Every championship gives you 1 additional 'push to pass' button added to the electronics. Didn't everyone know that?

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I ain't talking about no cheating. I'm talking about lots of horsepower (or some serious ability at putting into the ground).

18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Rossi must use his all up in the first couple laps cutting through guys from the 3rd to 4th row then....

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

motoboy likes this.
  20. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

Looked to me like MM throttle-checked Q in the next-to-last corner. Balked him, then drove to the win. Trick as old as racing, worked like a charm. Might not be so easy next time.

G2G, Bruce, stk0308 and 3 others like this.