1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 13 | Misano | Italy | Sep 13-15

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 10, 2019.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I feel like this is getting lost in the bitching.

That pass made it look like MM was running some 350HP, Carillo-rodded nuclear weapon. Literally toyed with Quarter the entire race and just pulled the pin when he felt like it.....

Phl218 and Yzasserina like this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Same thing happened with the Suzuki. All about that drive.

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yes Marc is riding a computer and everyone else is riding carbureted 500s. Totally right brother.

What are they going to do about people dawdling on the racing line during qualifying? This shit is ridiculous. At one point there was a 5 rider group looking like they were out on the road coming up to a stoplight.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

They need a paddock badass. Someone who will weave through that shit like a madman and then go to their box and tell them trackdays are more their speed. I hate that shit.

Or penalties.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

They have one. He's about to win another championship.

deathblow likes this.
  6. SGVRider

Makes me miss our boy Simoncelli, I could picture him doing that and not giving 2 fucks.

I remember when Barbera was famous for that and Lorenzo’s crew used the tricycle symbol to let Jorge know Hector was looking for a tow. Now everyone loves doing it. Why has the towing gotten so out of hand lately?

G2G, MachineR1 and BigBird like this.
  7. SGVRider

Problem is that the little bastard is usually in front so doesn’t get to berm too many dudes. Then when there’s dawdling on the line in qualifying he’s an instigator of it. Someone give Iannone a call and tell him we need him.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Because its effective. It allowed a KTM to nearly get pole a couple days ago.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

so go to a Indy 500 qualifying?

10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Exactly.

Same reason why there's flopping in the NBA and soccer........because it can create an advantage despite being generally frowned upon by fans and competitors-alike.

11. SGVRider

I get that it’s effective. I’d do it too if I were in their position. Just like I’d flop around like a fish if I played futbol too. It seems like it’s only gotten really out of hand this season and last though. I’m wondering what the underlying reason is. I’m assuming it’s the confluence of spec Michelins and spec ECUs making the times much closer and making it harder for a single rider to gain a substantial advantage.

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The offending dawdlers should be penalized by being forced to have a Big Tricycle logo on their helmet for a weekend....

13. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Bullshit. He does it, too.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

he does, don't get me wrong. Why not take advantage like everyone else. But he's also the same dude that put on slicks in wet conditions in Qualifying and decimated the field by like 4 seconds in one lap.

He also has like 6 or 7 BMWs for having the most pole positions in a year, so I think he's pretty good at that qualifying thing.

The Great One likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Honda is great at what they do. However you seem to think that means anyone can ride their bike and win - not true. You are saying that Marquez isn't all that good a rider and it's all bike - absolutely not true.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Also because the margins are so slim these days. The last couple of years have seen numerous FP sessions with the entire field separated by less than 2 seconds. That tow could mean the difference of multiple rows o nthe grid.

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Of course it's true. All the BBS knows how shitty riders are Pedrosa, Cruthlow, Lorenzo and Nakagami...

Phl218 likes this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And Bradl. Don’t leave him out.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well I mean, that's not like an all-star team either (the post-yamaha Lorenzo)

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Didn't hear it but I didn't see anything to make me think that. Saw MM just waiting to pounce then doing his best defensive riding. More experience on the bike and FQ could possibly have held him off or even gotten back around him.

Phl218 likes this.