1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 13 | Misano | Italy | Sep 13-15

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 10, 2019.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Did anyone else hear Colin Edwards say the power of the honda on the last lap was 'fishy'? lol...

NemesisR6 likes this.
  2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I call BS because they would run back to the factory every Saturday night and build stuff for any Michelin rider to beat the others. So the same scenario is true for Mladin and his many SBK #1 plates here?

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

It’s not a downplay. If Rossi was forced to run the tires he had Saturday, his results would have been much different.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Another way to look at it is that he and his team were pretty good at figuring out what needed to be done to fix things before the race. I don't think you can go to Michelin with garbage feedback and miraculously get things fixed on Sunday.

BigBird, The Great One and Dragginass like this.
  5. 600 dbl are

No, they would not build them for “any” Michelin rider. Ask Elias and Stoner if they got the good stuff.

I am by no means trying to downplay Rossi’s achievements. There is zero doubt he was well above everyone else in skill level. To think he didn’t have help along the way is as foolish as turd burglar saying Marquez only wins because of HRC.

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Again BS if the tires weren't good on Saturday they would make new ones for everyone to use on Sunday. And fyi this is one of the reasons spec tires came to Motogp & WSBK, and then to DMG & CSBK.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

And you're a tire guy so you know this? Sorry to be so harsh, but no. In both MotoGP and WSBK when competing against other tire companies everyone would build specials to try to win.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  8. 600 dbl are

Uhm, yes. Elias’ sole motogp win was because he received a discarded Pedrosa special. Stoner got the bottom of the barrel tires on LCR. Not to sound harsh, but you don’t know what your talking about. I’m not a tire guy, but I do know how to read, perhaps you should try it.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yeah on BT Sport.

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I didn't have to read it I was in the middle of it, as a tire guy.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Are you arguing that Michelin weren't making Saturday night specials, or that they weren't giving preferential treatment with said specials? Or both lol?

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

One of you guys is righter than the other

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Everyone knew that they were making Saturday night specials (way before Stoner was even in MotoGP) so as long as they were beating brand X or Y in a open tire championship that's what mattered regardless who the rider was.

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Watching Moto 3 right now, 5 laps in, already 9 on the ground.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Marquez is racing against much better talent than Rossi did.

crazymofo likes this.
  16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The tomatoes are great right now!

17. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

You do realize Rossi has raced against every single person in MotoGP Marquez has, right?

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Thank you.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea, but look at who Rossi raced against when Marquez was just a kid....his only competition was Pedrosa.

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And the Lactose intolerant.

That Roman guy

The Janitor.

Edit...

Oh, I nearly forgot: Nicky Hayden

G2G, BigBird, DucatiBomber and 3 others like this.