1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP 2017 Qatar March 23-26 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by I'm with Stupid, Mar 20, 2017.

1. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Bird has it all wrong- Jlo for the dry win and Dovi for the win if it's wet.

throwdown and Phl218 like this.
  2. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I think something like 127k median income the second highest and 0.7% unemployed. They have better things to do than slum it up at a motogp race.

BigBird likes this.
  3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Was Vale testing parts or something? Damn. Down 1 1/2 seconds from his team mate on a bike that is able to pull 2nd place by 1/2 a second...

What are we going to call the MV fanboys? I think a bunch of Uccios will be jumping ship this year and will be in need of a new name.:D

4. cf

cf Well-Known Member

Geese.

cha0s#242, scottn and ScottyRock155 like this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

easy

[​IMG]

scottn, BigBird and Joe Lopez like this.
  6. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

I don't want to admit it yet,but we may have to adapt to a new reality. no alien on the Suzuki anymore :sad

Steeltoe and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

most ex-riders and crew chiefs are horrible announcers/commentators as well unfortunately...it is difficult to find someone who doesn't make me cringe listening to after a while

BigBird likes this.
  8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Sports announcing is a tough gig. First they have to be knowledgeable. They have to be able to enunciate clearly enough so folks can understand them. Then you get to pick between the ones that offend no one, which many will call boring and the ones that some people will love and some people will hate. Then they have to be able to balance talking in a way that folks new to the sport can follow without alienating the long time die hard fans with "boring dribble that everyone knows." All the while making sure to mention the right web site(s) once or twice, the venue sponsor name once or twice, properly pronounce names from multiple countries and backgrounds. Don't forget making sure you don't let something slip that gets you in trouble with the broadcasters, damn it!

Doesn't sound like anything I would even want to try.

busa99 likes this.
  9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

James Whitham made listening to WSBK races actually quite entertaining...

Is he still doing BSB?

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I've done it with Drebber for flat track on SpeedTV for a couple of seasons. Live and live-to-tape. It's not easy. Dreb is the best, so professional - he just leads you into your 'color commentary.' So it's not impossible. I still think that Dorna could find someone with real insight and on-camera ability to add to Matt Birt's professional delivery that isn't just a pretty face. Again, not hating, just thinking that this is the pinnacle of motorcycle sport and it should be as good as it gets, money no object. If they could get Mamola to do these pre-race things, I can guarantee you it would up the entertainment value 1000%.

11. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

I still mis D. Sadowski on the mic. Dude was so amped it made you feel like you were in the race!

12. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

Folger looked good on zamboni day at Qatar

13. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

Ex chick... that superstar is a bachelor on the advise of his bachelor teammate

14. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

I always liked the Johnathan Green and Steve Martin wsbk combo. Martin gave quite a bit of insight into racing bikes and he's a pretty good endurance racer as well.

lrrs_311, socalrider and cpettit like this.
  15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Nice

16. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

One of the questions the new girl asked Pedrosa, "Do you think Maverick had to push for his laptime or do you think it just happened?"

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

18. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Goose, Maverick is down.

19. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Marquez following Folger around like he's Barbera or something lol. Who needs the training wheels now?

Phl218 likes this.
  20. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Damn! The Tech3 rookies are flying!!

Lorenzo looked pissed and Redding made over a second on his previous time.

Is the feed in 1080p this year? Video looks awesome.