1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP 2017 Qatar March 23-26 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by I'm with Stupid, Mar 20, 2017.

1. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Her voice is annoying but her accent is what my salt-of-the-earth British wife calls, "plum in the gob." Which is slang for snooty rich girl aspiring to be queen. I dislike it.

caferace likes this.
  2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I try not to hate on people for things that they have absolutely no control over, such as a voice or an accent :D

joec likes this.
  3. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

[​IMG]

2 XIDB..... Jusss sayin' :cool:

BHP41 and ajcjr like this.
  4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yessir...

5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

that's not necessarily true. there's a chick at my work, who i happened to know in grad school. she was always an aspiring "high society" type, but it was whatever. in between then and now, she moved to england for 3 or 4 years and married some uppity dickbag. this chick is peruvian and grew up in america her entire life, and now randomly speaks in a real poncy british accent at super random times and it sounds ridiculous. definitely a forced effort.

6. caferace

caferace No.

Bikes on course in about an hour. Just pre-warning ... :D

-jim

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I don't know man, I think it can be picked up subconsciously. If I spend too much time around the concrete guy on a project I'm doing, I start to stutter. A couple of my guys started doing it too.

8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

No hate, just annoyed. She's sort of attractive. So I turn down the sound.

Sports broadcasting feels they need attractive women on the sidelines or the pits or podium. Some of them are quite good, i.e. Jamie Little. Most of them just fill the need for an attractive woman on the screen. I'd rather see a knowledgeable reporter that asks relevant non-cliche questions, no matter how many pageants have been won.

9. caferace

caferace No.

I think she's OK. She does act a bit model-ish but she seems to know her stuff more than some. I'd buy her a pint. :D

-jim

ajcjr likes this.
  10. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Same with me, when I traveled Europe about 10 years ago I was picking up accents in less than a day. People in my group were less than amused and I had no idea I was doing it most of the time.

11. caferace

caferace No.

12. caferace

caferace No.

I came back from a fortnight at the IoMTT with a weird mix of Brit and Irish accents. Took a bit to wear off.

-jim

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Awesome, I can watch people walking around and a guy picking up bags of trash with an ATV while listening to cheesy music.

Edit - Better now!

caferace likes this.
  14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:That means so much coming from you!:Poke:

caferace likes this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

I have this same issue. People think I'm mocking their accent or something, but it's more like a chameleon type thing where it just happens.

16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'd rather buy her breakfast.....;) :)

caferace likes this.
  17. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Moto GP bikes no track now!

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

where did the track go? :Poke:

2blueYam likes this.
  19. CRA_Fizzer