1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica... wtf? Bagger Class?

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Donuts for the winner!

[​IMG]

G 97 likes this.
  2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

There's someone with a Triumph Rocket III right now just waiting to see the rules pack, lol

boxcrash and backbone like this.
  3. FourThreeSix

FourThreeSix Well-Known Member

I was at the AHRMA race this past weekend at Laguna spectating. Based off the carnage from some of the vintage bikes in T3, that will be a key spot to spectate for these baggers as well.

4. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Hot Damn! I proposed just this thing years ago. Well, I think I spouted it here somewhere, but that's almost official. :D

Need to adopt my other suggestion though - helmets are inside giant foam likenesses of the riders head so the fans can see who's who.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW people have been proposing it for as long as I've been in racing and probably a lot longer. Usually includes the idea for two up racing as well.

G 97 likes this.
  6. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

There's already a class for that. Sidecar.

7. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

What are the regulations on length of get back whip? For the first time they could be actually useful.

stk0308 and badmoon692008 like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not the same as a passenger on two wheels fighting for the radio controls :D

9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

They should allow the pilots to have chains and baseball bats à la Road Rash :D

boxcrash likes this.
  10. Roland sands will dominate if he enters.

motion and G 97 like this.
  11. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Point taken. How about providing spectator rides on sidehacks? I vividly remember at Grattan in the late 80's, everyone in the tower (mainly Sublet) having kittens when my wife talked 'her' rider to really wick it up. Not sure if you were there for that, but it was hilarious. They came off the last corner with her helmet skimming the pavement, and Earl couldn't find the red flag fast enough.

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

From a tire standpoint no, it's r&d work, compound testing, on track testing, and all for one race with maybe 30 riders. That's some serious money

13. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

CCS let’s bike racers do demo sidehacks at lunchtime.

14. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Are they making, special sticky tires for the touring bikes? They use a weird size and stagger, 130/80 17 front and 180/65 16 rear.

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Well we know Laguna is a low grip track so I would think so. It's still to early, but if you go to Huntsville and peek over the fence you may see Taylor Knapp doing laps on a bagger...

16. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Can you actually see them testing from outside the fence? If it looks like that Wyman video I may need to go check it out.

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Look at google earth to see if there's a spot to peek from

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Some pretty frank discussion about this on the latest Off Track Podcast.

I have to agree with Beeler on the class and why people will watch it - for the spectacle. That being said, I still want to see it.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just like the kid zone and the vendors and the concerts and the fan walks and all the other stuff you do at pro races to entertain people - you have to make it an event more than just a race to get people to come to the track. That is also why it's not smart to broadcast all of the racing live.

20. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member