1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica TV

Discussion in 'General' started by Henrybgood2, Feb 9, 2019.

1. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

FS2 is a decent TV spot for Superbikes but I HOPE HOPE HOPE MotoAmerica has plans for making all the rest of racing available to watch - streaming or something. Honestly for me, this is a step backwards although I understand it is probably a step forward for the sport in general. I have BeIn and ESPN for my package but not FS.

drop likes this.
  2. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

That sucks. Maybe better for superbike teams trying to get sponsors but for everyone else that's a big step back.

badmoon692008 and drop like this.
  3. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

People liked to bitch and moan about beIN but when in motorcycle racing history has a channel showed every race live and commercial free? The coverage is good enough for MotoGP and WSBK but apparently not good enough for MotoAmerica. Hopefully the other races will be on YouTube.

Laz, cartmen34, evakat and 3 others like this.
  4. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Except, SS, Twins, and JC regularly have more entries.

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Not Foxsports, Fox Sports 2. We get pretty much all of channels on Comcast, but this is not one of them. It isn't even available. I am now hoping there is an internet option. :(.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You're thinking of the Moto3 team Maverick Vinales used to ride for. JRP was stalking Paris Hilton

[​IMG]

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I have Comcast, and I have FS2.

9. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

It’s not SD when it leaves the studio - but maybe downstream it gets messed with - I don’t know. All of the stuff we do for Fox Sports, FS1 and FS2 is to the same specs.

obcbr and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't know if its provider dependent, but my cable provider (Optimum/Cablevision) has always been FS1 in HD and FS2 in SD. Doing a Google search it sounds like most providers broadcast FS2 in SD.

So far I'm not seeing this as a good change. BeIN did an excellent job the last couple years with their coverage both live and followed by uploading everything to their Youtube channel if you wanted to watch later. I'm bummed :(

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  11. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

I certainly hope so - and I’m thinking they will. Hopefully part of the deal is that MA still owns all the content so they can rebroadcast/stream as they wish. Since you already have a truck and a crew at the track, they of course will be capturing all the other races - it wouldn’t cost anything more since everyone is already there.

obcbr and Pitmom42 like this.
  12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Dish broadcasts FS2 in HD.

And we're about to cancel...

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Is this where SX used to be? If so, good luck with the streaming possibility.

Edit: SX used to be on FS1.

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

It is a regional thing and it is not available on Comcast here. They don't have the same channel lineup across the whole country.

15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Good news.... Sorry to all for acting like a Bitch on this one but I need my Speed Feed!!

16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Glad the big bikes will be on a mainstream network. I hope they dont eff up the coverage.

I also hope they at least show highlights of the smaller bike races, even if it's only on the re broadcasts. And if not if the ratings are there this year maybe the little guys can get some coverage next year.

badmoon692008 and Pitmom42 like this.
  17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

They're showing 90 minutes a day, for what, a 45 minute race? They'll have to fill those other 45 minutes with something. Probably highlights.

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I’m thinking G97 negotiated this contract. :D

G 97 likes this.
  19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I mean the twins race will take 2 hrs cause they're so slow, so they really only have time to show highlights.
    Show the start...by T3 Parrish is gone and you can show a few shots of the clapped out SVs smoking, oiling, etc and they Parrish takes the checker. So condense down to 2-3min and you won't miss much

:D

Monsterdood likes this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Maybe the bunch of whiners should buy some tickets and go watch the races in person. Sheesh.

Great news on the Fox deal!