1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica TV

Discussion in 'General' started by Henrybgood2, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Ugh, that was awful. But I think that's on MotoA, it appeared to me to be an infomercial-type presentation sponsored by Yamaha, not a CBSSN product.

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So, it turns out this drove me to check with my cable company. It turns out my cable package was outdated. So I saved some money with a new package (lost a couple channels, but I get NetFlix included now so that saves another $13 a month), I get higher speed internet and I get FS2.:beer:
    Unfortunately, not all good news as it is not in Hi-Def. :(

3. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Well dang, I have it, too! Not HD which sucks, but I can watch NASCAR Trucks practice today. Sweet!

4. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

The production on CBS was done with next to zero money... they did what they could, but it goes to show that you can’t put together sports coverage with a couple cameras and a couple drones, edit it all together in post, air it a week after the fact and expect people to be interested.

5. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

IMO, the production is far less important than the content. lesser productions that even a few cameras and a drone get millions of views on Youtube because they are showing something that ppl want to watch. generally they are showing someone that ppl want to watch or listen to.

5axis likes this.
  6. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

If you want people to be interested in the sport - and bring in new viewers, then you have to cover the event properly. Sports needs to be covered in real time, or with very little delay... after that the event is done and people are on to the next thing.

The failed attempt with the CBS deal is proof of that... and it’s not just because it’s motorcylces - how many people would watch an NFL game if it was done with a couple crap cameras and a couple drones and shown a week later?

Steeltoe and noles19 like this.
  7. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

thats true if you are trying to show the game, which is going to happen on FS2. I don't think we can make that assumption for the NBC content based on the press release. And as ive said before, im hoping they talk more about the racers and less about the races.

8. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Well holy ham balls, I actually get to watch some racing this year. Turns out our new provider has FS2. Still no Bein tho.

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Man what would you know about sports production:D

TLR67 and mastermind like this.
  10. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

so where's our Friday announcement?!

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea, I've been out in the field all morning and figured this thread would be at the top, with some new information.

12. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Live streaming!!

MotoAmerica has announced the final piece of its most comprehensive television and digital programming package to date – six to eight hours of daily live coverage of all five classes during the 2019 MotoAmerica Series via a paywall package that opens the series to anyone with a computer and/or smart TV/phone and internet access worldwide. MotoAmerica will be partnering with ViewLift, a leading digital distribution and monetization platform, to power its digital and live-streaming experiences on web and mobile devices.

The MotoAmerica Live+ package will feature live coverage each day, including practice, qualifying and racing from every class, plus interviews, special features, etc., from all 10 rounds in the 2019 MotoAmerica Series.

Subscriptions for MotoAmerica Live+ will be available soon for a pre-sale price of $49.95. After the initial pre-sale period, a season pass will be available for $69.95. A six-month subscription (April through September) will also be available for $13.25 a month and single-event (weekend) packages will be available for $9.95. More details will follow in the coming weeks.

“We’ve been hearing from our fans for a while now that they want a subscription-based service where they can watch our races on their computers or other devices. And now they can,” said MotoAmerica President Wayne Rainey. “This will allow our fans all over the world to watch all of our action live. This is going to make a lot of people happy and we’re pleased to be able to offer a service like this to our fans. It’s a real game-changer for MotoAmerica, its sponsors, teams, riders and fans.”

"We are happy to support MotoAmerica in their growth objectives by providing them the platforms, tools, and analytics to grow their audience and optimize their strategies," says Manik Bambha, ViewLift’s President.

Former MotoGP analyst Dylan Gray will host the action and features on Live+.

“I am very excited to be joining the MotoAmerica Series for what looks to be a great season both on and off the track,” said Gray. “Brilliant racing coupled with big personalities make this one of the best racing series in the world, and I cannot wait to get to know the paddock and work alongside a few familiar faces from the past. I look forward to being part of an exciting new TV and digital package that will hopefully make fans feel 100 percent immersed in the action and encourage them to watch the stars of today and tomorrow… and, of course, go riding themselves.”

ajcjr, RossK6, tecknojoe and 3 others like this.
  13. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Dylan Gray as the host of the streaming?!? Sold!

Yzasserina, spoon32 and badmoon692008 like this.
  14. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Hopefully it isn't just live streamingand and at least the races would be available in an archive.

16. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

As longng as they have archived footage I'll be getting a subscription

TLR67, drop and pscook like this.
  17. 03RumbleBee

03RumbleBee Well-Known Member

1. This is outstanding news!!!

2. WTF is there to complain about now?!?!

18. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Someone will find something.. this is the BBS

19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

20. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Im all in, but do hope it will offer archive also as im not always avail to watch live. But this is awesome!