1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica Round 5-Utah Motorsports Campus

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., Jun 6, 2019.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Nope

The years when WSBK and AMA were both there on the same weekend I think the AMA guys would run a slightly different config so they could compare lap times, but I don't recall what that was.

2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

i love that it was danny that gave him a ride back of all people :crackup:

stk0308 likes this.
  3. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

I believe the reason for running two different configurations over the same weekend was due to the sponsor signage around the track. TV coverage and Pirelli vs Dunlop - something like that. It was a bit weird - you couldn't compare how the WSBK guys compared to the AMA folks. If I remember correctly WSBK ran the perimeter and AMA ran the full.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't remember them having that issue when they would both run at Laguna Seca which obviously only has 1 config?

5. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

6. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

UMC seems to be doing well. Having been there three times in the last 2 month's there have been multiple events goings on during a given weekend.
    Next weekend the NASA car guys will be there along with MA.
    Last time they where there during a UTSBA event it was a little chaotic with the car types rolling through the paddock. Hopefully there is clear separation this time. Looking forward to a great time.

turbulence likes this.
  7. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I'll be out there. Weather looks great. I noticed the SSP guys are going to have a hectic morning with the new schedule. 25 mins between practice and qualifying.

8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

45 minutes. Still not enough if you have an issue in FP1. I have discussed making FP1 a qualifying session with MA. We will see.

t11ravis likes this.
  9. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Gotta believe M4 is on board with that as well after VIR.

10. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

anyone have an idea about lap times, such as what to expect from SBK and SS?

UtahSBA has some 600 and 1000 lap records in their results. 1:34.7 and 1:31.8. no one is really getting there, so I wonder how correct they are.

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Including Dani on her new Kawi :)

r6boater and Monsterdood like this.
  12. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

1:36 flat was about the fastest i saw on racehero for this weekend.. but the weather wasn’t ideal.. cold on saturday, cold and windy on sunday. there are also a couple of new paved patches in some of the corners that didn’t have maximum grip... a lot of crashes this weekend. i know there’s some time left in there with our local guys

edit: take that back, 1:35.7

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  13. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Pulling for Cam Petersen and Kyle Wyman. Long shot but watching those two mix it up(before Wyman`s off) was interesting.
    Hoping PJ has a run on them in Supersport. I like watching that guy ride.

14. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

If I had to guess, we'll see times get close to the 1:29-1:31 range in SBK. I did the RRW 1000cc shootout on the east course back in 2017 and my best was a 1:35.8 on a stock R1 with slicks.

Gino230 and stangmx13 like this.
  15. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Is it a newer Kawi or an older one updated? Just curious since I won’t be there to check it out.

16. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Turn 7 double apex. New asphalt about two feet wide around the prime race line. Was told that riders will cross it on entry and exit. Slick. But as the weekend went on and rubber went downs reports were it was getting better.
    Turn one runoff is realy short. I'm sure it will be addressed.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No way to address it other than airfence. It's why I wouldn't run that course myself, I did look at the other one and it was viable but didn't have the fancy tower and garages.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It a 2017 I beleive . Grant Matsushima built it.

19. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Woohooo! Time to spend the afternoon watching motorsickles!

jksoft likes this.
  20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's what I'm doing, windy as hell here, can't do anything outside anyway.