1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 8, 2020.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

2. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

It says there will be a second round at Road America at the end of June.

Senna likes this.
  3. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

So in the statement Rainey says that after our governor extended the stay at home order there was no way around this...that happened back on 4/16 so why has been MotoAmerica been selling tickets up until today?

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Just like the media and government. A world full of bullshit. Nobody wants to tell the whole truth. Fuck this shit sucks. I'm pissed

5. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

So, did the round at the Ridge get postponed/canceled? It was originally scheduled for June 26-28.

EDIT: Nevermind...The Ridge has been moved to August 28-30.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

June 27-28 will be a road America round also

7. NinjaTwin

NinjaTwin Active Member

There is a lawsuit challenging the stay at home order that has not been ruled on and a lot of potential changes riding on it. If I had a dollar I’d bet that had something to do with it.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Dude, really? Come on man. o_O

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

So, are you still able to go now since the specifics regarding attendance have been released?
    You got media credentials correct? Or are is Kinzer racing? I still remember being at Brian’s shop On 2nd St when that little fucker was like five years old?? and wringing the crap out of some 80cc motor bike. Just pinning it everywhere. Brian had to forcefully get him off the bike. It was awesome.
    D5F8FFF0-42EA-485D-8F37-581CB4A373D6.jpeg

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I lived there for 8 years. They do really put away the alcohol. But it looks like no fans for this event so should be good to go.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  11. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Especially at an RA weekend. I only went once and it was a ton of fun but holy shit was there a lot of stupid there.

Allowing thousands of drunk rednecks who think the pandemic doesn’t apply to them to party all weekend would be a terrible decision. Happy to finally be able to watch some racing on tv though.

12. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Yes, I get credentials, but I'm just gonna hold off until Road America 2.0. As far as Kinzer, I'm sure he'll make a Supersport appearance at the Ridge...he rips around there.

G 97 likes this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, I lived in Wisconsin as well.

DrA5 likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

You’re an idiot.

418, DrA5 and grasshopper like this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well, thanks for the invite then. :crackup:

16. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Brilliant retort bud.

17. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Define "rips"...

Curious what a fast SS pace might be there nowadays.

18. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

That doesn't answer my question though. Rainey said "when the stay at home was extended it became clear we weren't going to be able to have fans". The stay at home order was extended on 4/16 so this decision was made weeks ago but ticket sales went on.

I don't know if it was Road America or MotoAmerica or both but I think its shady that ticket sales went on until today.

drop likes this.
  19. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

I'm a bit annoyed that they aren't refunding money, ticket exchange?

I purchased tickets 6 months ago with camping for around $700 and took the time off to get there and back a long time ago.

I can't just go a few weeks later. I don't want to watch any other event there...

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    DrA5 likes this.
  20. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why fans at all would be buying any type ticket for anything considering what is going on. Hell back when this shit first started closing stuff up, left me telling myself that I would not purchase anything before everything was normal. And I for sure don’t understand buying tickets to any type race months in advance. I can see scheduling off work, but because if something happens you can always go to work and keep the days. But to be pre buying anything months ahead is crazy to me. Especially knowing without a doubt that they will NOT sell out any ticket anytime soon. But that’s my opinion.