1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America 2020 Round 2

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 9, 2020.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Guess their attorney missed the part where the bike isn't allowed in the class at the time they were building it per the fim rules.
    And on social media they were building it before corona shit shut everything down.

Yes a bigger budget helps no matter what kind of class it is. Testing testing testing ..

Never been a pj fan. He has a very arrogant side.

G 97 and noles19 like this.
  4. 392

392 Well-Known Member

the bike was allowed to run in superstock. Did you read the press release after the first round? All of that was in there.

@linders- you seem to have a comment on every MotoAmerica thread saying what teams should/shouldn’t do. Maybe you should be running one of the teams given all of your knowledge... sarcasm. Easy to talk when you aren’t spending the $.

having said that,
    If this bike is so good that you have to add 22 lbs to it why is the other Ducati in the SBK class not dominating? It’s obvious the goal was to balance rider talent and not the bike! In 2015 the new Yamaha R1 superstock bike was finishing races 30+ seconds over second place. Where was the balancing then? MA ran off Aprilia and it will not be long before Ducati is gone. This is not the he way to attract more manufacturers to the Series.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because rules... Duh :crackup:

Sabre699 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Stock/production classes have never been run what you brung. Especially when one OEM has a very different configuration than the others. Which is exactly why Ducati always lobbied for more displacement and aftermarket valves and such, their stick bike wouldn't be remotely competitive against the others.

7. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

what “different configuration” are they running?

seems like their stock bike is doing pretty well.. which is why we are where we are with this.

8. turbulence

9. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Just another example of corruption in pro racing. Good old boys can't stand being beaten within the rules so they change the rules.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

V4 versus inline isn't different?

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

If it doesn’t fit your narrative it’s not...

:D

12. turbulence

So you basically want it to be a spec class?

I mean, Honda and Yamaha and Kawasaki are all different in their own little ways. Are we outlawing anything different now?

And as a second question, if someone shows up to a WERA race with a v4r, will they have to add ballast?

13. turbulence

it’s funny that when Ducati added wings to motorcycles in motogp everyone laughed. Some people called it cheating.

now we’ve got multiple manufacturers that are putting wings on street bikes.

I guess no one should ever innovate for fear of being called a cheat and being penalized.

no where in the rule book does it state you can’t run a v4....

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Serious question - are you new to racing?

WERA isn't running pro racing so no. We don't do a lot of things I absolutely would do different if we ran pro stuff.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So now Superstock and MotoGP are the same... :crackup:

16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

V4 is different configuration from I4 - only point I was making.

The rest is Ford v. Ferrari.

Most of what I’ve read in this thread seems to be based more on individual bias towards rider or brand.

I think it’s funny that a clapped out Suzuki beat the Kaws that day also. :D

malamute likes this.
  17. V8R

V8R Member

So by that rationale the factories shouldn’t have been proud of winning a 600 super sport title back in the day? Based on their team size and budget? They just bought their championships?

sdiver and turbulence like this.
  18. turbulence

That’s interesting. At the end of the day, how much different is MA sst1000 from a wera club race? It’s still people paying money, building a bike and lining up to race. Why would you do things differently than MA in this instance? I mean, I’ve read PLENTY of threads on here over the years of people bitching after a WERA race in exactly the same way that Mesa did about the Duc.

so if someone comes to a wera race with a v4r, should they not be imposed the same penalty that you seem to deem fair by MA?

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Actually I mentioned above the 600 and SBK classes have been the premier classes with factory involvement and TV time and IMO still are.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet one more time - are you new to this? Professional racing and club racing are not the same. So no, I would not enforce MA's rules for our races. Our rules are written for club racing. I would have different rules for pro racing as I just said above here. The end goal of professional and club racing is different. The end goal of different classes within pro racing is different. These things have been explained many many times here.

On a separate note - people bitching doesn't actually mean anything one way or another...

sdiver likes this.