1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America 2020 Round 2

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was even nice and refrained from mentioning the extra 10% in displacement the new one has over the other SS machines :D

jd41 likes this.
  2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

except the racing version (and the street version.. v4r) doesn’t have 10% extra displacement.

it’s a 998cc four cylinder bike

JJJerry and badmoon692008 like this.
  3. turbulence

and i’d say that shit is stupid too.

4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

He isn't going because he will make more chasing contingency at a club race. They were not planning on going before the last weekend's results. Last year Mesa got 2nd in the Championship, what do they have to show for it except a lighter checkbook? Heck even the champ is without a seat this year.

I know I have mentioned it before, but Mesa is bringing it to those guys and he's there with his Mom and Dad, they don't even bring a mechanic this year.

And of course, I'm team Kaleb FTW in Twins. The guy works incredibly hard-a real pro.

KneeDragger_c69 and VFR#52 like this.
  5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Summit Point just posted up a video with an interview with him at the CCS races this weekend. Seemed to be in good spirits.

6. V8R

V8R Member

So one race
    so one race constitutes a valid data set? On the longest fastest track in the series. It’s a bullshit call to appease a bunch of cry babies. One win at one track hardly constitutes dominance.

turbulence likes this.
  7. turbulence

i’m still waiting for someone to tell
    me why PJ’s bike got penalized but Cams won’t.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I already told you, different classes. SBK allows more mods to even things out. Rightly or wrongly stock classes have tweaks built in for weight and RPM to try and make a better show.

I agree one race seems pretty quick to make a change. I also think PJ would be winning that class on a Kawi too.

G 97 likes this.
  9. turbulence

so then do you agree or disagree with WSBK penalizing bautistas bike last year?

10. turbulence

and it’s funny that the “stock” class has to make a bike slower to even things out.

what happened to run what you brung?

11. Boman Forklift

I don’t think they should have in WSBK.

turbulence likes this.
  12. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Good on them.

14. Boman Forklift

Wow, does PJ really only weigh about about 108lbs?

IMO the BIG BUDGET superior team with the world class 108lb rider will still win against mom and pop teams.

If they don’t like the weight penalty, put on the BIG BOY pants and race in SBK like the other big budget teams with high level riders.

15. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

All this talk over the Stock 1000 class. Your right, why don't they just race Superbike. Clearly with PJ they are competitive and they wouldn't have to bother about the implications of having an over price-capped bike in the Stock class.

jd41 likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Obviously they really want to buy a championship, one that IMO they shouldn’t even be proud of winning based on their team size and budget.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Not sure about 108 pounds but he's damn sure Pedrosa size

18. turbulence

oh come on. you still have to show up and ride the damn thing.

you could throw me on a motogp bike with HRC monies in the jr cup class and i’m still not cracking the top 10.

the funny thing about super STOCK class is there is a limit to the amount of modifications, so having an unlimited budget is only going to get you so far with a race bike build. this isn’t the unobtanium superbikes of old.

19. turbulence

scottn likes this.
  20. Boman Forklift

I did the math wrong. It really is a whooping 110.5lbs, PJ would only weigh, if the whining HSBK did about the penalty being nearly 20% of the riders weight, is true.

scottn likes this.