1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America 2020 Round 2

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 9, 2020.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

You can't spell Cam Petersen's name? :D

henry_carlson likes this.
  2. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

go watch the first round, Cam's name was misspelt on his leathers lol

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I might stay and blow up my SV Monday.

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

MA just bumped up the minimum weight on the V4R to 396 lbs. for 1000sstk

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

What was it before?

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

374 lbs

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Probably a good move but I bet it doesn't do anything to the results. I remember when we raced with USGPRU, we had to add 20lbs to the bike because of the flyweight rider, and Tyler said it actually felt better over the bumps and still handled great.

8. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Great, so instead of watching PJ run away from the STK1000 field and give give near podium Superbike riders a scare, he will only run away from STK1000.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Well I hope so because I'm already depressed! :(

10. drop

drop Well-Known Member

No. He isn't gelling with the tire that Dunlop introduced a year or so ago for no apparent reason.

henry_carlson likes this.
  11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

No apparent reason, really?

12. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

this is so fucking stupid! stop penalizing progress.

can't wait for them to neuter the revs :rolleyes:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What is stupid? Their entire job is to put on a show using roadracing. Dominance isn't a show.

jd41, DDK732, RRP and 2 others like this.
  14. turbulence

well everyone else could step their game up....

why wasn’t Cam penalized?

why wasn’t josh hayes penalized a couple of years ago?

are we just gonna penalize the winner of every race?

15. Boman Forklift

Well your examples are Superbike, versus the STK1000 class. Just like a few years ago when the Graves R3's got some help to try and compete with the Ninja 400. I really don't think anything they do will keep PJ from walking away with the class win. IMO PJ should be racing in the 600 class or SBK with a team as big and funded as Celtic HSBK, as stated before, the STK1000 is a class with more small teams running in it and only races one time most weekends.

IMO Celtic HSBK is a "bigtime team" on par with Attack, M4, or Westby, not mom and pop STK1000 guys.

16. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

So now, wait. The 600 class is equivalent to the superbike class? What happened to the 600-1000stk-superbike progression that used to make sense?

17. Boman Forklift

Well I’m only basing it on what I have observed, where factories spent their money, and which classes run 2x a weekend and get TV coverage and that isn’t 1000 stk

KneeDragger_c69 and stk0308 like this.
  18. turbulence

i can agree with this, but i still think it’s stupid to neuter the latest and greatest bike that’s pushing the limits because other manufacturers don’t build a bike that’ll compete.

i mean, they did this shit last year in wsbk when bautista stomped the field to start the season. (and i called bullshit on that too because if the bike had that big of an advantage where was Chaz and the other ducati riders?)

and i don’t see why your comment on superbike makes a difference.. we’re setting a precedence that when someone comes in and smokes the field we’re going to somehow penalize them to give everyone else a chance instead of forcing everyone else to get better.

it’s a whole lot of dumb.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You mean rule changes like Ducati has needed pretty much forever to compete? :crackup:

badmoon692008, RRP, Steeltoe and 3 others like this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That did it.