1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica rides for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Sep 17, 2017.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Quality debate skills there.

2. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Either one of those guys on a fully funded Kaw SB effort could make life very difficult for the other SB teams.
    It would be great for us fans.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Congrats again Chuck, amazing year and so cool to see Tryg smile like that. :D

cav115 and Stumpy like this.
  4. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I would rather see a two man team with Westby racing made of Schultz and Fong

5. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

From what I have been told from those who were formally connected with Kawi: they aren't interested running anything other then Pirelli...:(

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Sooooo. A major downpour that makes barber look like a swimming pool, and 2 of the real only 4 hugely money backed, factory race teams decide it's not worth to wad their shit up is normal conditions?

7. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Sooooo. A major downpour that makes barber look like a swimming pool, and 2 of the real only 4 hugely money backed, factory race teams decide it's not worth to wad their shit up is normal conditions?

8. I don't know, they have a heck of a good platform. BSB Sstk 1000 was a BMW/ Kawi cup until this year. The reason there are not more is because the bikes came so late and next year a lot more will make the switch, the new gsxr is that good. Talking with a couple guys that run them they said they are bit finicky in the handling department but once dialed damn good. Power is linear as f;ck and you can get a decent amount of power with minimal work. I can't seem to think a team could afford a team with Herrin and Fong, not as bad as a Bautista and a Bausista clone but that's a lot of crash damage :).

Skter505 likes this.
  9. And what makes you qualified to state that? WTF do you know besides a lot :)

V5 Racer likes this.
  10. I think that was a poor move, fans pay to see racing and they should have gridded up. Hell, Elias had nothing to gain (maybe a win bonus) and still went out and gave it 100%. I can maybe see Yamaha perspective with a sub rider but no excuse for RLH, man up and ride for the fans. Everyone bitches about tv, no fans, yadda yadda and this kind of stuff doesn't help. That was accruals one of the best races I've seen in a while because of the crazy dynamics in it, Sholz riding hard, Gagne on a mission catching up then crashing out, it was great to watch and may have been better with a couple more top bikes in there. We need to put on a show for the fans (yes I know actual fans there were slimming out, no one watches it on tv, blah blah, but we have to continue to put on a great show every weekend to help rebuild this damn thing together. I think the racing now is a lot better in the 1000 class than we've had in a long time, picking a winner at any given race is damn near impossible which is what you want. 600 class which is usually the best, closest racing, is a friggin snooze fest.
    Although I hate the rule personally, the BSB 600 SS spec Motec ECU brings the competition much closer plus they spend a fair bit of time evaluating rules and not being "influenced" to tailor the rules to a manufacturer. One reason why there's not much factory support is factories want their ecu and advantages of it (I get that point). Team leading the championship has no factory support :) but has I'd say the equivalent of Chuck G running sh$t (compliment Chuck) a 100% legal engine program with a top notch builder and bikes are probably quality wise what you'd get from a Westby/ Hammer or Graves. Team sitting in 2nd has a budget but it's pretty limited and they make it work with what they have? MV team has a nice budget but trying to keep an MV together is like putting lipstick on a pig. It's definitely a riders series as any given weekend there's a Yamaha, Kwai, Suzi(not many on the grid) and MV - oh and a moto 2 (well 1.9) battling at the front. It's tough to not have a rules package influenced by the people who have stuck with you in the bad times but we need to do something. I'd love to see Suzuki up the 600 to the level of the new 1000 because Debise has done a great job on that platform and it could be argued if he was on even a priveateer r6 results would be better. He has to ride that thing on the ragged edge which is very clear watching him ride it.
    Flame away, I have major sleep deprivation and just rambling.

slowohioboy344 likes this.
  11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That's not what Sean was talking about.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Kawasaki doesn't need motoamerica, motogp or anything besides WSBK. They are dominating there, get a ton of press in Asia and europe because of it and really, most buyers in the US don't know or care about the difference between US superbike racing or WSBK.

They don't need heaven because they rule in Hell.

Shenanigans and GrayGhost like this.
  13. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Tom sucks

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's strange because it looks like they ship new bikes with Bridgestones.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sunday was not the only time Scholtz has been on the overall podium ;)

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Maybe he meant racing on anything but Pirelli?

Although in JSB1000 TeamGreen runs the 'Stones and KRP RS-ITOH run the 'Slops....I'd be willing to bet those teams get some Kawi support bucks. Maybe they're just racists since those teams are competing in the All Japan road racing series. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  17. Chuck doesn't need debate skills but I challenge anyone to win a debate with him face to face, not an easy task.

18. UK as well and they don't do sh$t for support for teams in that series.

19. He doesn't exactly suck in ideal conditions either :)

20. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

none sucked more than fat Freddie spencer. " The key here ralph"