1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Pittsburgh | AUG 07 - 09

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 4, 2020.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I dont know, if any of you stopped by this weekend it was really a shit show the way M.A. ran the cup series. But we did have quite a few vistors. Im sorry if you didnt get a chance to yell "assjuice"

The boy had a great time. While he didnt get the race result he was wanting. He had a great weekend, and in the main event, 5th through 11th place were running all within .9 of there best lap of each other. He showed he belong there and there isnt much more I can help him with. He is way faster and rides a bike way harder then ol dad ever did. Theres alot that goes on in a race weekend then just the race to really see how well the weekend went. We had never made and suspension setup change since we got this Ohvale. I am not a suspension guy so I never made a change as I was just waiting for the K-tech stuff we have on order to come in. On Saturday Carol Soltisz came to help and man did he ever. That guy made the bike so much better for Ian, it was unreal. Huge improvments and big hurdles crossed this weekend. First time ever changing some suspension setting and Ian was able to give him actual feed back. I was impressed how well Carol did with him. Really look forward to working with him again. So, sorry if we missed and thanks for all the support me and the family cant thank you guys enough..

cav115, TurboBlew, stk0308 and 9 others like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought Brandon was running the kids stuff not MotoAmerica directly. It's a sideshow for the fans.

3. assjuice cyrus

No Motoamerica, and it sucked. But thats just my opinion while still being angry. Nothing directly done to us but over all, told one thing and then they did another. The racing and other kids and family's were amazing.

henry_carlson likes this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What happened that you didn't like?

5. assjuice cyrus

Brandon was awesome. But he is stuck in the middle from what I can tell.

6. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

If its anything like what we experience just being spectators I have so much sympathy for you. So much confusion about when we can arrive and where we check in at. They sent my dad to three different gates just to get his rv in! Not to mention every event is starting 10-15 minutes late, crazy

7. assjuice cyrus

So long post, lots of bad grammer and spelling so deal with it.

I'll stick with the motoamerica stuff as there was some track issues also that were just annoying.

Thursday was "move in day" This is were I learned about the group a .b. c. Mini was in non of the above. But were told we would we were to pit after all the big bike stuff was moved in so be ready in about 3 to 4 hrs. When we are told to move in I was told by a M.A. official where to park my rv. I park,open trailer and start taking stuff to what I was where we were going to be. It was the same spot that we were for the talent cup last year so I thought ok cool, I know where we are going. Take canopy set it up, bike, fuel, tool box, up after multiple trips, I am stopped by another official that said I have to move. What? I was told to park here. "No sir" this is m.a. parking minis are down farther over in the other end and all pitts are being setup in one line for all classes. Ugh! Ok. Reload everything and move to the other end. Ask offical, can I leave my trailer up there so I dont stick out so far at the r.v. spot I paid for in the camping area? Offical tells me not needed, we can park and camp behind where we pit.They have a spot for all of us with camper and rv to park? So I ask, i didnt need to pay for an rv spot that I did? He tells me,no that this was our spot to stay. Really? There's 200 plus bucks I didnt need to spend.

Friday morning, was Practice from 8 till noon. Kids would each get 4 sessions and that was addtional $45. We registered for this Thursday after the move in debacle. Friday morning comes and we roll out the first session and do our practice. Second practice he rolls out and i see him get stopped. Run up there and guy tells me he has the wrong color wrist band he can't go out. Excuse me? This is the second time he was going out and your people gave us this wrist band. He tells me no way he can go out with that. So before I got really angry, I just said,"Man, these guys only get 4 session. Don't keep him out of one for a simple mix up. I would stand right here call the wife and have her get it fix a.s.a.p don't punish the kid. He agrees and wife gets it fixed.

Friday evening we have a mandatory riders meeting that all riders must attend or they can not ride. In this meeting we are told the calls of, pit lane open and pit lane closed. She stressed anybody not on track when pit lane closes,they will start from the back of the grid, no questions asked. Don't whine , don't cry, just don't be late. I thought cool,this is why we are here. No messing around start on schedule stay on schedule.

Our first heat race, sighting lap happens, kids grid and there's about 3 or 4 kids not on the grid. They hold the start 3 kids roll backwards down pit lane then to the back of the grid. They continue to hold the kids, for quite some time and then make the announcement that the start of the 110 race would be postponed till after the 190 race due to kids not making the sighting lap. We are to go back to our pits and wait till after the 190 start. Thankfully one of our guys just happened to check. They posted a revised grid for our race with kids that missed the sighting lap at first try now in the back. While I'm happy let at least let the kids grid, it is more of the point,how much she emphasized they were absolutely going to stay on schedule.

So, after the 190 race, We are up. Theres is a 5 min call. Everyone is scared to be late all the kids are out there early sitting waiting to roll out. Then there is another announcement to clarify, that was a 5 min call till pit lanes open.. Really? So we go and get bikes turned back around and kids back to pit out of sun. Finally roll out 10mins later and am standing at the boys grid spot and offical tells me I'm in wrong spot, no they revised the grid you have old grid sheet. Offical looks at me shakes his head and says you have to be kidding. Gets on radio and sure enough, they didn't give them updated grid sheets.

It was just complete confusion all weekend on motoamerica part. I would never want any kid punished for a call or change they make on the fly. I talked to some parents and it was about half that paid for camping spots and some didnt. I still have our email tickets stubs and all registration paper work and never got wrist bands because we went to,two different trailers to get wrist bands and passes and was told to go from the trailer we just came from both times, so we just gave up.

Now for the good. The parents, racers, and fans was nothing short of amazing. We meet so many great family's and fans. The big bike riders and crew all took time out of there day to come talk with all the kids. Roger hayden, and Josh hayes was there wensday and was nothing short of fantastic with all the riders. The show,once it got going was awesome. Every class had amazing battles from the front to back. It should of been on t.v. the racing was just excellent. If M.A can some how get there head out of the ass and have some customer service and at least act like they give a shit you are spending your money with them. The future of motorcycle racing is looking bright. There was not one kid in any class that didn't belong there. They really showed they are the top kids in the country.

evakat and henry_carlson like this.
  8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

The last paragraph is great, the rest of it sounds like a clusterfuck. :(

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  9. assjuice cyrus

Man, we had an absolute amazing time. Meeting new family's and making new friends. The fans,wow! They were all in aww of how hard they kids rode. But did here complaints that the fans didn't even know that they had the kids racing going on or what times.

henry_carlson likes this.
  10. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

And he was wringing the brick out of that thing. Front wheel in the air before he even created T2 and then it would wheelie again. He’s still on the stock motor and down 20hp. Even at that track that’s a lot to lose.

Kyle rode fantastic I thought. Him and Herrin battling was awesome to watch.

5axis and Ducti89 like this.
  11. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

I am wondering what the paddock means by M4 getting nothing from Yosh. I worked the Barber test, there were at least two works level Superbikes under the M4 tent, possibly four. Someone spoon feed to me how M4 got nothing from Don Sakakura, because I don't understand. What was the AGREEMENT?

And fixing works level bodywork? Normal.

12. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I whole-heartedly agree!

13. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Thats ridiculous the lack of organization you experienced.

Im glad you still had a great weekend despite the challenges.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I don't know. I'm not on the inside- I only know what I was told, that they got no data from Yosh and that they were basically starting from scratch. That's why I said it was a rumor. Fill us in! :beer:

15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lol apparently you don’t read the Beeb Enough! Shame on you!

lol don’t punch me

16. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

Swear to ya, I'm just trying to get up to speed on this!

17. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="pjzocc, post

Kyle rode fantastic I thought. Him and Herrin battling was awesome to watch.[/QUOTE]

Best show on the track in that race and I hope they keep it going.
    MA needs a little WWE to make it fun.
    kwjosh.JPG

cpettit and Dragginass like this.
  18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Herrin is showing some speed on the BMW. That bike had some grip!

19. Lwtkawi

Lwtkawi Member

Regarding move in, the first words out of our mouths in the riders meeting was an apology for how that was handled. It was on the mini cup schedule as 3pm from the start. It was moved earlier without talking to all parties and we were not ready to accommodate RV's. We are working on sectioning off an area at the Ridge to make that smoother. http://www.motoamericaregistration.com/PDF/2020/MiniCup/Mini Cup - Pittsburgh Schedule.pdf

Pittsburgh ran the practice on friday, so apologies for how that worked out, but it was not a MA sanctioned event. I will add that we put up 5 sections of airfence for it to make sure the kids were safe, even though it was not our practice. So maybe thats why you thought it was MA?

Regarding the 110 class. There were so many people late that we decided the safest and cleanest thing to do was send everyone back, put out a new grid and that way the kids weren't confused or stressed or hot right before a race. It took a little bit to get that out to the grid staff as there were headset issues, that's why you saw the delay on the grid.

Regarding the restart of the 110 class, we had two riders that needed medical care for the 190 class so the decision was made to swap the 190 and 110 rather than send then 190 kids out right after a first corner crash. So an announcement was made that we would make a 5 minute call when we were ready for the 110 class. No additional calls were made and its difficult to anticipate the amount of time an ambulance will need to leave trackside, but we didn't think it was fair to just give you a 5 minute call so we made a heads up call. In hindsight, that is likely what confused everyone. Many of the riders showed up early at pit out even though no additional calls beyond the "heads up call" were made. We couldn't simply open the pit lane because if a rider had heard the "heads up" call correctly they would have missed it, so unfortunately, that was the only decision we could make in fairness.

If we continue to host this championship in the future we are discussing including a listen only radio in the new rider packets so hopefully there are no more misunderstandings over the PA.

We are sorry you had issues with registration, however, there was only one trailer. So I'm not sure how you would be sent to multiple trailers.

20. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

good stuff and good explanation. hopefully as more rounds happen things will end up very smooth on race weekend.

very cool to have a class like this. this is what we need to bring as much talent to road racing as we can