1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Pittsburgh | AUG 07 - 09

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 4, 2020.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I dont see how lack of testing is relevant to our conversation. Josh had no tests before Barber

2. henry_carlson

Bird 1.JPG credit facebook

3. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Meh.

I remember when factory riders drop-kicked backmarkers, threw helmets, partied etc.

IMO, Herrin being unfactory is a sign of (1) lack of factory seats, and (2) his contract timing and the demise of Yosh Suzuki.

Let's not forget this is a series where Hayes got sent packing.

Skter505, 5axis, Gino230 and 2 others like this.
  4. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

I remember those days too but that shit doesnt fly anymore with sponsors and therefore teams.

Josh is excellent, no doubt, but he's not get away with acting like an idiot good.

5. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Did you miss the part where Wyman was the one who flipped him off? I'm not sure what you are accusing Herrin of. I like both guys.

JBall likes this.
  6. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

I like em both, too..I got no interest in a whole grid full of quiet corporate personalities. Flip people off, raise hell, stuff em!

5axis, racerx13, JJJerry and 9 others like this.
  7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Yet here we are, talking about him and not the race winner. Any publicity...

evakat likes this.
  8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Herrin and Wyman are the only guys who kept SBK interesting this weekend.

At this point, even Cameron HAS to be bored, right?

I’m hoping that Westby can pull of a win this year. Schultz has consistently been on the podium this year. If he didn’t get cleaned out at Road America, he’d be in a strong position to take the lead if Beaubier were to make another mistake.

5axis, turbulence and evakat like this.
  9. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    I think Mathew has a clean shot at a top step this year.

10. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Haven't looked at the times but it seems like he's inching closer. He was within site of Cameron up until the last few laps.

The battle between Herrin, Elias and Wyman is the only thing that made that race interesting. Herrin was making passes in places I didn't see anyone else pass all weekend.

Also, it was obvious people were itching for something to do as the crowd was nearly on par with the last few years. Great to see some new vendors and sponsors out there this year and Ducati (through Mosites) had a nice display.

evakat and henry_carlson like this.
  11. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I love non-factory Herrin. He plays the underdog role perfect... and he doesn't have to be as buttoned up. He certainly seems to have more fun with less pressure.

Oh - and Robby Floyd called me a lapper in qualifying. Not sure how that works.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hell, Toni did it just last season....on camera haha

@ 33:10

13. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Herrin’s got some words for Wyman. (Not my picture, found it on the Facebook pages).

Also, thought it was cool that JP and GW brought in Hayden as a 4th person during the SBK race. It was awesome seeing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evakat likes this.
  14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's been published or said somewhere, but the word around the paddock is that M4 basically got nothing from Yosh. They had to start from scratch. That's a tough road to plow in Superbike.

Towards the end of last year, Yosh was fixing bodywork on the superbikes. They were done spending money.

cav115 and BC like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Joshs issue is his post online, you can get away with flipping someone off as heat of the moment, bitching online is forever.

henry_carlson and Senna like this.
  16. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Roger eluded to that in one of the broadcasts, saying something like ....Maybe Yosh didn't give them ALL the stuff.

henry_carlson likes this.
  17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Thing is...Josh is a showman. I wouldn’t be surprised if him and Kyle are friends and are doing this to bring some excitement to the superbike class.

scottn likes this.
  18. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Yamaha's transition looked like it should. Suzuki's, and I have heard similar to you, was exactly how NOT to do it. That's on corporate.

Sucks for Toni. When you're his age, every year matters.

cav115 and Gino230 like this.
  19. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Josh said in the post race in RAm 2 that he doesn't like Kyle and they have a history. Said it's a "Danny Eslick thing" or something to that effect.

Senna likes this.
  20. henry_carlson

Roger alluded to it last weekend but that does suck

Gino230 likes this.