1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Heritage Cup

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by KMC, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

LOL They're just an all around good bike that you don't see often. I think the experts say only 200 were imported in 88 to make minimum quantity to qualify for the daytona 200. Pretty neat bikes actually, I'm still getting my mind around this water cooling fad that stickboy said would never take off.

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I forgive you, I keep eyeballing that FZR1000 in the Spondon racebike thread in Florida.

3. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

I raced a 81 GPz 550 in v4 & v5 with a stock motor and good suspension. Did not spend a fortune and won a few races.

dave3593 and cyclocrossfool like this.
  4. joec

joec brace yourself

Vrra is a great club.

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Water cooling is a fad, just like overhead valves. and gas that isn't premixed with caster oil. None of these ideas will ever catch on.

RRP, Outsider V6 V7 and VFR#52 like this.
  6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Any inside news on what class Moto America is going to choose? I envision a mid 80s GSXR750 / VFR750 / FZ750 cup

7. Outsider V6 V7

My guess is that the first year they will promote which ever group has the largest resume submissions. so if you wanted the V6HW/Next Gen 1 class to be featured then you better have everyone who rides one of these submit their application.

8. Outsider V6 V7

The west coast V5 Vintage HW class seems to have high participation, so perhaps at Laguna they would be featured while at Indy and Road A probably more Next Gen1 and 2 applications.

9. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

i think the few times uscra was involved they sent Period 1 and 2 bikes. last time MA cancelled because of time constraints i think. this year the call went out, but died from lack of commitment .

10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Maybe if they both made up their mind on what classes they will run so people can start prepping NOW and throw in some kind of incentive / dangle a carrot they will get commitments. This isn't rocket science.

VFR#52 likes this.