1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica FINALE - Barber Motorsports Park - Sept 20-22 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

That was big.

Feel bad for Hayden. Man he has wadded up a lot of Rickdiculous R6s :-/

gy999r likes this.
  2. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Yeah. Watching the rear step out then ye front going and that tumbling.

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

track appears to be unnervingly smooth... lack of feel sure seemed to be a theme after watching all the sessions today (friday)

4. Lack of feel amplified by trying to manage a lot of front tire wear seems like a set up nightmare.

Shocker and MELK-MAN like this.
  5. Well I ended up heading home and since i sold my entry fee to fish not fishing either. Missed the kids so figured I’d head home. Probably head that way tonight though.

6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Crazy amount of red flags in supersport across the board. I think Q1 had 4 by itself.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Is the live stream working for anybody yet ?

8. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

9. Banditracer

Finally going, only an hour late.

10. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Its just now 10:00 here....

rcarson15 likes this.
  11. Banditracer

That explains it, forgot about the time diff... :oops:

12. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

They are gonna wear out those red flags! Looked like something was wrong with 99 bike so this may help them get it fixed for the rest of Q2

13. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

replace twins with a restricted 600 class, better to transition up on

r6boater likes this.
  14. Or you were an hour early :)

Banditracer likes this.
  15. Not this shit again. Unless an OEM is going to step up so you can have something like the R6 cup that’s not really feasible. Lots of series have SSTK 600 classes but it’s still quite a jump from the 3/400’s and not cheap either. We have arguably the best racing in the series in the twins class, why change that at the moment? Especially since we are still trying to get asses in the seats. We did the whole stock 600 before, didn’t work out that good. Not to mention 600’s are a dying breed, it would be 99% r6’s and further alienate OEM’s from the series. I highly doubt the gsxr would be even close to competitive, the Kawi either. Kawi missed the mark, big time with the “new” 600ish bike.

r6boater and MELK-MAN like this.
  16. Air in brake lines, very bad timing for that. Well there is no good time but it was even worse time.

17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

At least half of the twins field has no intention of transitioning up. Also, the twins class has the largest grid, most battling for position, and greatest amount of drama. You would have to be a fool to mess with that formula.

18. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

And they are going stupid fast on those bikes. What a bunch of club racin clapped out honkies.

19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

No Huey commercial, yet. :beer:

Phl218 likes this.
  20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

You clearly didnt watch all the sessions from friday....
    And as if on cue! There he is :clap:

5axis likes this.