1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica FINALE - Barber Motorsports Park - Sept 20-22 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

It is funny (and sad at the same time) that there hasn't been any kind of agreement among the orgs to figure something out until the economy gets to the point where it can go back to supporting the structure it once could.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

So where is PJ bitching about MA/the outcome of the championship? Facebook? Instagram? Someone post some links!

Circacee likes this.
  3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Your point would be valid if MotoAmerica came in and said they were running a pro/am series from the start. They didn’t.
    Now we have a glorified national club series that doesn’t run regional rounds.
    It makes no sense other than to keep them afloat.
    But remember they came in acting like they were saviors of PROFESSIONAL RACING in the US. I haven’t seen that by any stretch.
    Less factory teams, less paid riders, less outside of the industry money but more club racing.
    This Professional racing series is on the verge of losing any semblance of being a “professional” series.
    Serious question in three years where do you see MotoAmerica?

Ride safe,
    AAron

4. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

MachineR1 likes this.
  5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Well, I went and checked out Instagram. It seems that there is a global conspiracy to cheat PJ out of his rightful championships. I'm headed back to Facebook to post some whacky memes.

6. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Call it whatever you want. CCS and WERA have learned the hard way what happens when you try to saturate regions with competing weekends at different tracks. Same as track day orgs that found out the hard way that if you ignore each other everyone will fail.
    The product isn’t that much different no matter what the race org is. So MotoAmerica has some semblance of a tv package. That’s their advantage right now. You think that’s going to be around if those super bikes and premier classes disappear. Not Enough People to pay to watch club racing to sustain tv in that form.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Everywhere someone will listen.

I've also become aware that there is an M4 mafia out there so everyone be careful.

Hoffman900 likes this.
  8. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

This is why I hate social media. People who obviously do not watch the races want to chime in with their delusional opinions.

Attached Files:

MELK-MAN and Chino52405 like this.
  9. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Peoples Champ!!!!!

10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

PJ the People's Jhamp.

He should put that on his leathers for next year.

The MA ruling is bullshit and everybody knows it. I'd be sour too. I feel bad for Escalante he got robbed of his first win. Sure it wouldn't change the championship but it changes what goes in your pocket.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t think anyone is debating or disagreeing with this aspect. In the end, it’s still about providing an increase in value than what your competitors are offering.

12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Not sure I agree with that, although I am not clear on what you regard as a product. The rider? The fan? Over the past twenty years I have watched racing, both amateur and pro, through its ebbs and tides. At times it has been disheartening and
    frustrating. Perhaps now is one of those
    times. And those are the times to provide constructive criticism, in a measured, balanced, reasonable way. Or be silent.
    Endless whinging helps no one. Suggestions for improvement, yes please.

Gino230 likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Any chance it was orchestrated by Spaniards?

Phl218 likes this.
  14. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Yea I’m giving my input and believe it or not I actually know how much it takes for an organization to be profitable at a race weekend.
    The country doesn’t need another club racing organization at this time.
    The ones we have are just getting by now.

Just because my opinion isn’t popular doesn’t mean it’s wrong. They have made huge mistakes that people wrote off to “growing pains” etc. Now they are hurting. I don’t care what their press releases say. Look at the series. Look at the Premier class (SuperBikes) it’s on the verge of collapsing.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Are they the new Russians? Behind everything and responsible for everything nefarious in the world of roadracing? Puig did it! :D

but then how does Lin Jarvis fit into it all? :D

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I believe you. As for me, I don't find your opinion unpopular, I find it unhelpful. Less lamenting, more suggestions for improvement.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The Spaniards conspired to steal JoT's rightful tenth championship. This wouldn't be their first rodeo.

motion likes this.
  18. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

...but Toni...did he have a falling out with them or can they only rig one ship at a time?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You ever look at his instagore account? He waves the 'merican flag more than a drunk hillbilly at a ASSCAR event. I think he's been excommunicated and now he's paying the price.

Papa, makes you wonder what Yamaha is going to do when he'd done and comes looking for motogp equipment for his team? Petronas is punching way above their weight and delivering for Yamaha. Are they going to throw them in the weeds and give the bikes to Team Rossi?
    Hmmm, Petronas gets Suzuki equipment, Rossi get Yamaha and Avintia gets the retirement watch and a bullet behind the ear?

nigel smith and Chino52405 like this.
  20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I felt bad for him the day before as he had issues and I seem to recall his support got trapped in Houston some. I thought he would bring a closer fight. However none of that was other folks fault and the Champion was rightly crowned prior to the Sunday race fair and square. I do think the rule needs to be examined as the cause of the red should have some penalty it would seem. But the rule was equally applied which is what everyone should want.