1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica FINALE - Barber Motorsports Park - Sept 20-22 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

PJ was more PC in The press conference speech. He’s pretty fiery and he’s from NY, so...

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Horrible, that loophole has been known for a long time.

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Lol talking shit when you finished 7th and 3rd makes you look well just dumb.

Shocker and Hoffman900 like this.
  4. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Must’ve missed all those WSS wins Fong beat PJ in...:D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Endurance racing is different, it's how many 100% laps you can complete in the allotted time - even if it's shortened. If you can't be ahead of someone after 3.5 hours then you need to pick up your game a bit :D

6. Hoffman900

Talking to Dumas, not Bobby. Like a “Alex,
    you had this won, why did you do that?”

7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Is that why PJ is back here running 600s? :Poke:

8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

See HRC SBK sucks thread for reference...:Poke:

9. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

That’s terrible reasoning.. the basis of all racing is to finish the race. If you crash out and can’t continue, you shouldn’t be able to win - pretty simple concept. And while we’re on stupid rules, how about the no tire warmer rule for a red flag - I think everyone can agree that’s also a silly rule.

Wheel Bearing, sdiver and tawzx12r like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, Endurance racing is not always about finishing the race, it's about doing the most laps in a set time period. We've had teams crash out with no red and still win, we've had them blow up and win because they did their job better over the entire race.

If I could trust the teams not to work on their bikes I'd have no problem with warmers, but you guys would cheat.

11. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Let’s get back to Twins! Sweet move by Turner for the lead passing 2 riders in the last corner and good job to Masecar for noting it was the Robby Bobby move!

And I thought for sure Parrish had that thing in the bag on the last lap. Good tight race between 5, then 4, then 3 then 2 as the race wound down! Thanks to Cop, Russell, Andy, Matt and everyone else out there getting those Twins grids up and helping make the racing so close as we closed out the season!

scottn, No Brakes, MELK-MAN and 2 others like this.
  12. rcarson15

I’ll amend my previous post more specifically to causing the red flag* Team should not be able to cause the red flag and win the race, regardless of laps completed. You shouldn’t be able to alter that “set time” from other teams because you or your bike failed where other teams didn’t.

And I thought safety was top concern in racing? Cheating should be treated as the usual, run at your own risk of getting caught whether that’s from an official or another team.

tawzx12r and drop like this.
  13. rcarson15

Apparently reports that Rickdiculous Racing ceasing racing operations immediately and not coming back to MA next year. (But was speculated for a long time)

14. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

I gotta agree with this one...

Just because it's always been that way doesn't mean it's right.

You cause the red flag you go to the back of the grid. Unless they stop the race... when you win.... really...

15. Hoffman900

Seems like they went all in and didn’t get a lot out of it this year? I know they bought JD’s bike last year, and supposably Hayden was faster on it in the pre-season test, just seemed to have a rough go.

Where does that leave the Owensboro crew? Half were at Rickdiculous, JD likely going flat track full time next year, and does Jake have another year on a Suzuki contract?

No way connected, but the Yosh social media is quiet. They didn’t have a good day...

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That makes NO sense? If you don't have to go to the back of the grid, what keeps you from getting a lead, then causing a red flag to end the race early and win?

17. rcarson15

18. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Hey! That’s me he’s replying to.

Sad to see them go. Wonder who else is stepping away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. 418

418 Expert #59

Congrats to Cam. Can't believe he got it done. Awesome.

Que all the doom and gloom with teams leaving. Looking forward to 2020.

20. Superbikeorbust

Superbikeorbust Well-Known Member

Right?