1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's one to email JU about and see if he can do a back to back comparison - you won't get real answers from anyone racing them in a class like this.

2. Kelly Rees

Kelly Rees Well-Known Member

I don’t know hp on the ktm. The r3’s are around 42 built. Spears ran a 400 on his dyno and said it was 43 stock. Expected to see 50+ under the rules pretty easy.

3. Kelly Rees

Kelly Rees Well-Known Member

The rules have the 400 limited at 12k rpm. According to Spears it makes peak at 10k rpm.

4. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Sunday's Jr Cup race had nothing to do with bike choice.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Granted JU and crew would do a more through job for the racing aspect but there are the dyno numbers. Not sure on the new KTM though

7. Cam Morehead

The 2 KTMs that were at Road Atlanta are very special machines......

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

WSS300 sure looked like it did. Some of the championship rivals from last year were way off the pace on their R3s.

9. Cam Morehead

I wouldn't know. I wasn't standing in the pouring rain trackside to watch the WSS300 race.

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

obcbr, Boman Forklift and 2blueYam like this.
  11. Cam Morehead

What is even cooler is that young lady had a few things to study and learn from her Saturday race.... She implemented those very things on Sunday.... Made the podium....

stk0308 and Kurlon like this.
  12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'm assuming it was a 4th in the dry and a 3rd in the wet. Pretty impressive all around.

I just looked it up and I guess she was brought to roadracing by Melissa Paris.
    http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...ng-debut-this-coming-weekend-at-road-atlanta/

5axis, grasshopper and Cam Morehead like this.
  13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Good stuff. Ana Carrassco with the win last year in WSS300 and now Jamie on a MotoAmerica podium are steps to broadening the appeal of Motorcycle Roadracing to a whole new group of enthusiasts.

14. Nothing at all on Sunday. I watched the jr’s from a few different spots throughout the weekend. Yates can get off a corner like a mad man, same with Dumas but even the people on r3’s who could get a great drive could hardly if ever stay in their draft. Yates isn’t exactly tiny either. This is a tough one for this class and won’t be easy to solve for the masses as to me it seems like 2 of the best riders at this point are on also the best two bikes.

r6boater and Kelly Rees like this.
  15. She’s good and very calculating rider, I think she has a bright future.

stk0308 and Cam Morehead like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm claiming her as a WERA racer too since she raced with us at Roebling in March :D

Cam Morehead likes this.
  17. Cam Morehead

The announcer said it best..... "This young man reminds me so much of his dad.... He makes lines and things work that no one else can......" He will go faster... while HP and RPMs continue to be taken.......

18. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Which I didn't think you could race a bike, that's not homogenized.

19. He
    He looks just like his dad on the bike, kind of creepy how similar they look style wise. He will find a way to go fast regardless of the bike, I agree. Now just need to work on his interview skills :)

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

They only need to be pasteurized now.