1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Championship of Utah | 20 Jul - 22 Jul

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sorry about X, but I love racers helping racers.

Good to hear you are back out there, it sure has been a tough two rounds. Fortunately, with Kris's talent, he should be up to top three pretty quickly.

2. Boman Forklift

C'mon, spill it, if you can? I'm not there and just got back to the office so haven't seen or read anything regarding the races.

3. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

He had to pull off the grid. It sounded like something from his morning crash surfaced on the warm up lap. He had to wave to starter and roll the bike off.

4. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Link for Twins race?

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I spoke to him this week about a condo loan,and he was going racing.
    Such a nice guy,and congratulations on 10th.
    You guys send Geoff some business,if you're looking to buy a home.Very professional!

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

FYI
    WSBK 2012 Super pole 1:47.6 (on 16.5s)
    MA 2018 Super pole 1:48.6
    MA Race 1 2018 fastest lap 1:49.7
    WSBK Race 1 2012 fastest 1:48.8

8. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Damn spec fuel.

HEF211, Dragginass and Boman Forklift like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

That spec fuel as mentioned and did you hear people mention how bumpy the track was now? We all know Pirelli is the best thing since sliced bread, which is what you are trying to say here, unless I'm totally missing your point? lololol

Plus I think Laguna already showed the Pirellis are quicker, didn't it?

ToofPic likes this.
  10. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Congrats to Chris Parish on the twins win.

Metalhead, t11ravis, cajun636 and 2 others like this.
  11. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I'm very proud of SpeedMotoCompany's Kinzer Naylor (the only Kawasaki on the fulltime SS grid) for scoring his first Supersport championship points w/a P13 finish in race 1. I've traveled to a few rounds with them (RdATL, VIR, Rd AM) as driver/babysitter/tire-fetcher/sticker technician. Kinzer and his pops (Brian) work out of a cargo van (which handles like shit and has no cruise control) and just keep on keepin'-on. See ya'll at PittRace.

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

When I had a job much of it was analyzing data, so for me it's interesting to compare things. For instance at Laguna with Q times the WSBK guys haven't gone faster than MotoGP yet after X amount of years. And here at Miller MA hasn't done the same with WSBK from 6 years ago. So I like to ask when will bike tech, electronics, and tire progression help get faster lap times on a given track. Or maybe the track will continue to degrade and it won't happen until a repave? Yeah I'm weird. :D

Dragginass and Boman Forklift like this.
  13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Just heard from Lewis his motor went.... sucks but at least he crossed in 5th.. he will be ready for the podium tomorrow...

14. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Pretty boring race overall.

Good to be with a top notch run race team when your bike burns to the ground day before the race.

Yosh is simply amazing, I’m pretty sure Graves could pull off this feat as well so no bragging there.

Elias to me isn’t wanting to run off especially on this shall I say this here MA built tire to even the field a bit. Yea I said it, totally apparent at beggining of the year the Yamaha’s were about to be slaughtered by the suzuki HP so let’s change the playing field a bit with the introduction of a new tire. Yea right lol MA would suffer with the ratings hit with two Suzuki’s slaughtering the field as the current rules stood. Hell privateers like Lewis would be threat as he should he on a good bike he’s on.

Haha Yamaha has needed intervention for years to be competitive at this level, full on SBK face it I’m not seeing this for the first time.

Ok fast forward Elias gets this new tire made for Yamaha and probably I’m correct. He instantly starts crashing and yosh goes backwards. Even poor old Rog is having his first bad season ever.

I’m throwing the bullshit flag at MA as they knew exactly what they were doing in all this.

Hats of to Elias for literally figuring out the Yamaha/MA tire given advantage in 9 Laps and holding him off to the end. It’s really apparent to anyone who’s raced a motorcycle the new tire is a pos on the suzuki.

At Utah as at RA the yosh power though is what wins races in the end on that given track. That Yamaha had nothing for that yosh missile straight line.

I’m done here go fight this out with the version you been watching band wagoners

TLR67 likes this.
  15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lol have you been drinking Roy?

Could it be the Suzuki shit chassis can’t handle it?

16. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Haha haven’t started yet Rob but thanks for reminding me I’ll start right now. Kinda Hot as fuck here to be drinking.

Speaking of chassis let’s flashback to the one in question here, Yamaha lol

Welding shit on to shit comes to mind instantly. Carry on.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  17. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

That's one boring-ass track to watch on TV. It looks like Willow Springs. With less spectators.

18. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Were you watching the races or the mountains?

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Uh? So MA is stacking the deck with development of tires for certain teams? With Pirelli and WSBK over the years this didn't happen and Pirelli would/does pull tires if everyone can't use the new spec fully. But years later with the MA and Dorna relationship it's OK now? Please explain?

track wagon and ToofPic like this.
  20. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Not even close.... Willow goes clockwise.....:crackup: