1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica at NJMP question

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Sep 8, 2018.

1. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

I’m pretty close to there and was thinking about heading over to watch for a while.

Any suggestions on the best spots to view?

2. joec

joec brace yourself

Bleachers on the right when you drive in should provide some action. Bleachers over by the concession stand.

BigBird likes this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Top of the tower gives you the best overall. Not sure if its open to wander up during MA though

4. joec

joec brace yourself

Was going to say that, but also figured it would be closed off to spectators. But that's a great spot to watch from.

BigBird likes this.
  5. britx303

Or go cornerwork. Best seat in the house if ya aint racin' anyways. As of last week they were still looking for people for that.

Sabre699 and joec like this.
  6. joec

joec brace yourself

Be sure to check out team obsolete and all the vintage guys. Dave Roper is there this weekend. Dude is a legend!

7. britx303

Shit. Are they doing something with vintage bikes this weekend along with M-A?

8. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Wish I would’ve known that. I’ve got the weekend to myself and could’ve pulled that off.

Might be a moot point as I’m just now looking at the weather forecast.

9. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

The bleachers at turn one - lots of crazy action there

10. britx303

I only knew about it from the cornerworkers last week asking me if I wanted to come back up to do it. They should have put out a notice of some sort.

11. britx303

There are bleachers there? Honestly I never noticed.

12. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Yep...you see some crazy moves into turn one

13. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

Bring a pit bike or bicycle and travel around lots of areas to view from.

speedluvn likes this.
  14. joec

joec brace yourself

It's a fairly walkable track.

And yes, uscra is running a couple of invitation only races. Dunno who's there this weekend but I know TO was supposed to have the ex ago mv there. But I think that got scrapped because of rain. So they're dragging out some other piece of unobtanium. With the rain, dunno who's showing up. Most people won't want to risk it.

15. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Tower access is usually part of one of MAs VIP packages. I did it a couple of years ago and it was definitely the best spot in the house.
    They didn't seem to have anyone controlling access though.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Get your name on the list, they email you well ahead of time.

17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Yes, it was the second annual North American Vintage Invitational, put on by the USCRA. I was working LRRS at Loudon, so I didn't make it there.
    We might expand to a series next year.

18. To get the best view, stay away from all televisions.

19. britx303

How does one get "invited" to race?

20. joec

joec brace yourself

Right now you have to be the favored few. I was just taking to someone up there about this. I don't know how they're going to expect to give points for uscra races. They really can't. So they're going to have an invitation only race for uscra members at ma events? I mean it sounds fun, but most of those people wouldn't go to summit to race. Much less vir or pittrace. Then to risk your machinery.....I dunno.