1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Steve rode for me a decade ago and did ok on the R6 that embarrassed Graves by posting faster trap speeds and lap times at certain tracks with a few different riders.

The same year Doug Polen rode for me at the ripe age of 49 at Road America in Superbike, he impressed me way more. I’d take a decade older Doug Polen over Rapp. Not sure if 60 year old Polen is up to it but... not sure a 50 year old Rapp is either.

motion likes this.
  2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Yo! Scotty! Nice meeting you at Gingerman this year. Cheers and happy holidays

27 likes this.
  3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

It says " and select live content in 2022 ". If you read... :Poke:

4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

;) I thought I was keeping a low profile... besides that avatar pic haha

It was great to hang out with you guys and just bench race talk about the old days, I miss the paddocks, all of them... looks like the band may be getting back together... I’ve been courted pretty aggressively for a return and if a few more things align we’re going back.

hope to see you again next season. All our best to you and yours my friend.

backbone and koth442 like this.
  5. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Gorilla George and Senna like this.
  6. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

The cheapest ones they could find.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

They're free streaming services on Roku and such.

8. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Now that I can get behind. I'd love being able to watch from Roku.

9. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

Its very easy. For example; go to Apple TV, downlead the Distro TV app (for free), open, scroll down to Live Sports and then scroll across to find MotoAmerica TV. Looks like 2021 Twins Cup race 1 from Brainerd is on now.

Dragginass, cBJr and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  10. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  12. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Someone said free? :D

14. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Imma just gonna shut up before you guys pull another tar and feather job on me. I'm sure I'm on a short leash of a ban. :D

Told you all there was a market for kids racing!

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

A market that's free?

16. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

So no Alex Dumas in MotoAmerica this year.

He'll be defending his Canadian Superbike Championship

"With the year 2021 now officially in the rear view, many around the world are turning the page to 2022 – something CSBK riders and fans have been doing for months already.

The upcoming season is expected to provide just as much drama and entertainment as the previous edition, with the return of champion Alex Dumas
    ..."
    https://csbk.ca/index.php/news/news/3408-csbk-year-in-review-top-moments-of-2021

17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I fear we're going to have another lost opportunity here of seeing more of a great rider. Kinda reminds me of Jordan Szoke. Made an impression here in the States, but, will eventually run a full career in Canada only.

18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Out of left field question... What ever happened to Thomas Puerta? That dude was a missile on a 600 when he was riding for RR Factory / Danny Walker

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I don't remember Szoke winning a US race or finishing top 3 or a championship so he really didn't make much of a impression here compared to Dumas?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I remember Szoke signing on to race for someone in the US, coming down but either filled out his Work Visa wrong or not at all and got himself a 5 or 7 year ban from the US ending his career in the US.

stk0308, mike w and KneeDragger_c69 like this.