1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2021 | VIRginia International Raceway | May 21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, May 12, 2021.

1. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Entry list is out. Big grids. Big questions loom.

SBK: Can Herrin and Baz redeem themselves? Scholtz loves this track and will be hard to beat. It's one of Herrins favorite too.

SSP: Can Escalante make the backup bike work? Did SDK get faster or is Escalante slower with the added weight?

Stock 1000: Did Geoff May get some upgrades? Did they add a weight penalty? Is Mesa actually going to race his Zx10 this time? Ashton Yates is missing from the entry list. There's a Duc on the entry list.

Twins: Are the Apes going to sweep the podium or sweep bikes off the track? Is the SV getting dethroned? I think we're in for some good racing here.

Kawasaki Jr Cup: Can the lone R3 or KTM make the podium?

Let's hope for some good weather. They had some crazy weather in 2019

Chand and henry_carlson like this.
  2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Yayyy, Aunt Millies pizza here we come!

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Primarily will anyone have enough gas to get there.

Trainwreck, BigBird, Chand and 5 others like this.
  4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Tyler Scott and Blake Davis both have a lot of laps there. The KTM has proven capable. I'd figure those two will be dicing for the win.

5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Interested in how Gabriel Da Silva will do.

I will be there helping Danilo Lewis

Circacee likes this.
  6. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

that's a good pie:beer:

henry_carlson likes this.
  7. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Assuming 2 races for each class again:

SBK - Gagne/Scholtz - hope Herrin/Baz/KW are in the mix
    Stock 1K - Alexander/May
    600SS - RE/RE (backup bike? - did he demolish his #1 bike?)
    Twins - Schultz/KD51
    Jr Cup - Scott/Gloddy with once again hopes Kohlstead is in the lead group.

Weather looks ideal right now, hopefully it holds out.

8. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Ill take the clapped out SVs and Jackson on the Park and Pull FZ07 for the twins podiums. Baz, Herrin, Scholtz purse fight somewhere in SBK.

RRP and Shenanigans like this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Jackson's arm will be the determining factor with him most likely. If it's healed he'll be on the podium.
    But those apes are probably also going to take a big step from road Atlanta

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I hope he's done some testing on the Ds...

rafa likes this.
  11. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

SBK... Mathew Scholtz on the box for both races...
    Gagne definitely on the box too.
    My guess Baz makes a push to make up for the RA get off and falls somewhere in the top 3.

12. TX Joose

Honestly I think Gagne is going to run away with it and Herrin with have a proper ding dong with Scholtz or Baz. Somebody's going down. Probably Fong taking the 3rd podium spot. I don't remember Suzukis going very well there as of late

RRP and renegade17 like this.
  13. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

What's the deal with Herrin not being able to hang up front with Gagne? Is Gagne that much better? Is the bike Gagne is on that much better? Both?

RRP likes this.
  14. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

15. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Isnt there a saying that when guys become a father they loose 1 sec per lap?

16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I can attest to that. But for me and many other "soon to be" fathers I have spoken to over the years it seems to be that we don't "technically" consider ourselves fathers until that baby pops out. It's like it's not a reality until you're looking eye to eye with the kid. LOL

rafa likes this.
  17. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Lol, maybe he is only 0.5 sec slower now, and once the baby comes out it will be another 0.5? I dont know how any of this works haha

18. TX Joose

I know he was on his back foot at Rd Atlanta with some technical issues to start the weekend, but I think Gagne has made another step and is fully healed from his leg injury.

Is Herrin expecting? I had no idea. It's gonna be tough to balance being a factory rider, social media star, and a dad. Doesn't he have some wood working business too? Something's gotta give and maybe that's the half sec they're talking about.

19. prm

prm Well-Known Member

How is the spectating at VIR? Only a 4 hour drive so I may head down.

BigBird likes this.
  20. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I’m hoping to see KW33 do great this weekend. With all of the work he put in to bring a big sponsor to the sport they need some great performances. No way others will follow if they don’t see the benefit of it. Go KW!