1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2020 silly season.

Discussion in 'General' started by Superbikeorbust, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I thin he will be on the BMW that Gagne left behind?

2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Awesome news. MA needs a core group of characters for each class to build a story around.

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Speaking of character, anybody know what's up with Hayden Go?

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Happy to read this, I love watching him race.

5. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

My guess too, if someone else hasn’t added a second bike (like Celtic).

I think Josh and Steve would be a good pairing. Steve isn’t Richard, but they should do well with Josh’s level of experience and help them out where they were probably struggling before.

At this point, Josh has had the ability to work with Richard Stanboli, and be able to look at both peak Josh Hayes’ and Toni Elias’ data.

6. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Has Scheibe got his hands on a 2020 S1000RR or will they still run the previous gen?

7. Hoffman900

Last year they were talking about it, I guess we’ll find out!

It’s a fast bike, as a healthy Jake Gagne was starting to show at the end of the season. Jake is talented, but at this point, Josh should edge him out in being able to develop a bike and himself (after this season, Jake should be in a good spot). They really were hurt from lack of good data last year. It was still trapping where the Yosh Suzuki’s were, who were up 2-3mph on the factory Yamahas, and some 5mph + to the Westby and Hammer bikes... if they can get it to corner, it’ll be up front.

henry_carlson likes this.
  8. drop

drop Well-Known Member

By 2021:

Herrin on Graves Kawi Superbike.

rafa likes this.
  9. Hoffman900

If Kawasaki keeps up that contingency, I don’t see why anyone wouldn’t. We saw in 2007 a SSTK bike can run with the Superbikes, at least until fire wear came into play. Rain, we saw Scholtz pull it off. A Graves Kawi SSTK bike would be pretty close as is.

10. FourThreeSix

FourThreeSix Well-Known Member

Graves likes the gig they have right now.

11. Circacee

Kawi is by far the favorite bike for the CVMA guys.
    upload_2020-2-5_13-42-28.png

12. Superbikeorbust

Superbikeorbust Well-Known Member

I don’t think it is Jakes old bike. Just his old bodywork. So I’m told???

13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Those are some seriously fast lap times.

racesbikes likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Which is what?

15. Circacee

the competition is insane this season. It's all MotoAmerica guys.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Correct...

17. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

So...none of the OWB boys gridding up for 2020 MotoAmerica?

18. FourThreeSix

FourThreeSix Well-Known Member

They're regularly bringing the rig to AFM races and fielding bikes in 600 and 1000 classes. They're continuing to develop parts for the Kawi's and it seems like they've always got something new they're testing. They're also providing trackside support to their customers. I know in my case, having them accessible in addition to the Team Green program swayed me go the ZX-6R route last year and they've been a huge asset.

DDK732 likes this.
  19. Hoffman900

Doesn’t appear to be.

Hayden Gillim and Nick McFadden were both on Rickdiculous which folded up. Nick has been falling down the grid the last few years, so I can see his struggles short of bringing his own money.

Hayden is deserving to be picked up, but tbh, has there been any paid rides except for 1-4 bikes since the factories pulled out of SSP? I’m talking the days of Honda and Kawi having bikes in that class.

Roger Hayden obviously retired.

Jake Lewis was on a one year contract extension with Suzuki, which they didn’t renew. I’m sure with the folding of Yosh, they also weren’t willing to pay for three riders (Suzuki paid Jake’s salary).

JD signed with Estenson early on, before the whole Gerloff thing. AFT was butt-hurt that they put all this money into promoting JD as one of their stars, and he didn’t prioritize their series, so now to run in the top class, you can’t miss any events.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nice! I asked because I didn't know.

How is he/ they getting the Kawasaki frame/ suspension work with 'lops?

Not hating that Kawasaki is doing what they used to (might still be) do in motorcross. Building from the ground up.

FourThreeSix likes this.