1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto2 Jerez test 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Nov 24, 2018.

1. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

2. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Warming his rubber up.

3. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

One trick I learned from going to the dragstrip and practicing a bunch of launches was not to bring your plant foot up too soon. I found that many times if I brought my leg up anywhere near as soon as I used to the front would start coming up and I had to back off... leaving it down lets you stay on the gas harder.

Prospect and gixxerboy55 like this.
  4. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Do you prefer one foot or two on the ground?

5. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

One.... I'm usually either in third gear or braking before my second foot comes up, and it would be hard to do that with both feet down :crackup:... First gear is so short that you basically need your left foot starting up.

Prospect likes this.
  6. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Any news what’s going with Joe Roberts? Haven’t seen any updates from him or the team... I think first official Moto2 starts in a day or two..

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

418 likes this.
  8. dieterly

That explains it.... unfortunately I’m not on Instagram, just twattter and fb

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah but Robert's team is in desperate financial condition already.

11. dieterly

I know last year they were having some serious money issues. Btw, David Emmet just wrote that the team's future is in doubt..

12. dieterly

Does anyone know why the team is named American Racing, I thought it was a Swiss team? Even Joe in an interview commented how great it was to have an American team in the world championship.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

An American bought controlling equity of the team when the Swiss guys were in financial trouble, I believe.

14. dieterly

Thanks! Any clue who the owner might be?

15. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Eitan Butbul (Robert's manager)

dieterly likes this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Home builder. Located in Calabasas. Guessing there's a Keith Code connection there somewhere.

dieterly likes this.