1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto Van Ideas (e350 high top)

Discussion in 'General' started by jpence, Jan 12, 2017.

1. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

I usually haul a camper. By raptor are you talking about the truck? Our camper has one of those big square metal bumper on the back you can get a reciever for it.

The front bump is a great idea and i worry about blocking air flow to the trans cooler/radiator. But mainily the trans cooler

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Give us a pic of your current setup. One thing I can tell you is figure out how to get as much crap as possible off the floor with whatever mounts you can fabricate or buy. Do you have a partition wall? That's an easy spot to put cabinets or toolboxes etc.

RB components has a gallery section that may help, although they are mostly MX specific like you already encountered. http://www.rbcomponents.com/photo-g...lery/cargo-van/ford-moto-race-van-update.html

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

It's 4 feet from the back of the seat rails I believe. Search Ebay for "rv dinette cushions"- I determined the bed size on what was available in those and where the van's frame rail was for best attaching the wall.

[​IMG]

4. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

Ill take a pic soon. Currently no partition. No wall storage. Everything is on the floor.

5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I meant Raptor toyhauler. I think that's why there isn't a real bumper, I assume it gets in the way of the ramp. If you have something solid to mount it on it may work. I know a racer who hauls a 3K genny on his camper's receiver.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I have seen people mount full size dirtbikes this way, but don't know about cooling issues? If you were to try it, just put in a transmission temperature gauge to monitor it.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can't see any of them being a huge problem unless you're running desert like temps all the time.

8. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

I do live in Texas.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If you mount the bikes back as far as possible I'd recommend adding some airbags or helper springs to keep things leveled out. I started with my bike mounted as far back but ended up moving it far forward because the van drove so much better with more weight on the front end.

10. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It's really dirty from dirt bikes tight now b ut you get the idea

11. shakazulu12

Chaotic just had a heart attack. You are supposed to put an asterisk in thread titles if the thread may contain pictures that are a danger to his health.

Sabre699 and t11ravis like this.
  12. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

It hurts my eyes a little too.

13. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Well now I know what I don't want my future van to look like inside lol

14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If you look closely you can see where he killed the hookers!:crackup:

15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

TRS absolutely frees up space. It probably won't help load order, but it will get bikes closer to the walls for sure.

A front hitch will hold a generator for sure. Blocking air to the trans cooler is a non-issue. If there's an inch, air will fill it.

16. shakazulu12

I can smell the dead hookers from here!

[​IMG]

noles19 likes this.
  17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

This, big time. Every now and again I have to haul a bike that doesn't have TRS and it screws up my entire load plan. Add the oddball bike and all of sudden the space for fuel cans, stands and tires/wheels is gone.

18. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Saw this today, thought of this thread.

Attached Files:

19. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

What about stands? They seem to take up a lot of space

20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

A hitch basket is great for that kind of thing.

I like to use a big rooftop cargo bag for camp chairs and other stuff that's bulky, but not that heavy. Then bungy or ratchet strap the rooftop bag to a hitch basket.

Really opens up space in the vehicle, and you can use it for non-racing activities.