1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto R Rear sets

Discussion in 'General' started by Slinky001, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Slinky001

Slinky001 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have good size pictures of the Moto-R rear sets for 07 GSXR's?

Any feedback on them vs. other brands?

I know that they stopped making the products, but is there anyone elses replacement parts that may actually work with them if needed?

Found a good deal on them, but have never seen them in person!

Any feedback welcome!

Brian

2. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

3. The CHAD

The CHAD Well-Known Member

I can not say enough about the Moto-R products. I have had a few crashes (5) this year and have yet had to replace as much as a peg. Spares are available I believe through speedwerks. Will check with them to make sure. Just checked...the only thing they have as spares are the foot pegs and toe pegs.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I believe speedwerks bought all of Moto-R's inventory, but I don't think they are producing any more parts, just selling what they have. I had a case cover I wanted to get an extra of and they couldn't match colors.

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Last time I looked they were selling them for $200 a set.....that is $20 below what they cost to make.

6. doc750

doc750 Well-Known Member

what exactly happened to moto-r?

When I ordered my case covers, the product was great quality (color faded to purple though) and the service was pretty straight forward.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Owners lost the government contract building SatCom trailers for the military (all their eggs in one basket) that was funding MOTO-R...so no money.
    All the inventory sold to SpeedWerks, all the drawings, trademarks etc...sitting in a file cabinet..

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  8. Chip

Chip Registered

They Rule! Best rear sets ever! I hope that Speedwerks restarts production and hires Britt to design stuff for the new bikes. I have never used a set of rear sets that functioned so well and were that durable.

9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Thread Jack!

Chip, what is up with your email address at work mate, I have not recieved an awnser from you for a few weeks now?

10. Chip

Chip Registered

I sent it to you dude.....and I talked to your buddy today. He will get an answer tomorrow.

11. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

You the man mate. My buddy Chris Oz, is a brilliant engine tuner, not to mention his true suspension set up skills:up:

The ike he is working on at the moment re his parts order to you, sounds really horny, sought of like a MOTO GP bike in a strange way

12. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

I still think the footpeg needs to be thicker or at least blunted to some degree.

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Reason?

14. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

We have always had good luck with Vortex

Ab

15. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

I remember a thread where the footpeg sliced open a guys thigh like a knife.

Of course no way telling what kind of damage a round peg would have caused but it just seems like it wouldn't be the same.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I don't think that was one of the MOTO-R pegs was it??

17. Slinky001

Slinky001 Well-Known Member

Thanks Everybody!

Brian

18. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

Yes, it was a MOTO-R peg, I was there. Funny thing, Tom is racing again after a lengthly healing process (He missed a full AMA season as Chris Peris' teamate at ESP) and when he showed up he's still using those pegs.

MOTO-R....stronger than your leg....:D

19. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Loved my Moto-R's. Great product, unfortunatly without parts replacement they arent a good option right now. Thankfully Brit had a bracket when I bent mine or I would have had to buy a full set just for the bracket.

Britt...still owe you a shirt dont I?

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Wow, I read the whole thread about that guys leg and never knew it was one of our pegs...ouch. Anyone got a link to that thread?? I couldn't find it.

Yes TrackStar you do...lol

For the price that SpeedWorks is charging you can get a spare set and have parts if you need them $199....