1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America | Dynapac Superbikes | The Ridge Motorsports PRK | JUN 24-26

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jun 24, 2022.

1. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Or MA could open the rules slightly to allow 3 & 4 cylinder motorcycle with less than 700cc and 100hp, which would allow the Honda CBR650R & Triumph Trident 660.

evakat likes this.
  2. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

He neglected to mention a certain someone’s social media presence for greatly helping resurrect American motorcycle road racing, shame on him. LOL

5axis likes this.
  4. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Tyler Scott is a piss poor example since he raced in RBR against Acosta, Fellon, Tatay and few other fast kids, after that season he raced 1 year in CEV in the European Cup, and that’s probably one of the reasons he’s doing so good in MA even if he was a back marker in Europe due to the competition.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm thinking MA needs an "Adventure" class... haul ass for 4 laps, then setup camp. Adventure bikes are the hot sales segment, so why not?

kirk erlinger likes this.
  6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Assuming initial build cost is comparable, would there not be a significant difference in cost over the season due to far more frequent refreshes needed on a strung out 600 vs. a stock 750? I don’t really know the rulebook for supersport and am basically just parroting what I’m hearing elsewhere so I’m curious what your take on that angle is.

7. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I started on track with an 89 GSXR 1100. I'd no clue when the forks, shock or brake fluid were last serviced.
    I tooted around Big Willow at 2:12 then down to 1:48 after a gazillion track days.

Terrible mistake but I didn't realize I was making it at the time.

T'was fun on the straights alright....but I'd have been better served on a lower displacement motor, lighter chassis.

Bought an awesome 98 GSXR 750 and got down to 1:43...bike was a regular Willow runner and setup for it.

Wish I'd started out earlier in life, and the nostalgia effect wouldn't have hindered me...auld 89 bike.

I'm 50 now and if I ever get back to it, it'll be a wee tinkler of a machine.

Sounds like an excuse for lack of talent....holding your line and maintaining corner speed teaches one a lot.

The Clarkie RSVR...I got down to 1:38 and honestly scared shitless. I'd no health insurance.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

We were doing 1:39s-1:40s back in 2009-2010 at big Willow on 30HP stock Ninja 250s and it was a hoot! You'd have 10X the fun if you bought a $1500 beater 250 and went back out.

malamute and L8RSK8R like this.
  9. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I'm down.
    Let's do it.

motion likes this.
  10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know.

Theoretically, a 750 using 80% throttle with lots of timing removed and maybe an RPM limit should last longer than a 600 revving for all it's worth. I don't know what kind of maintenance the SS guys do between races. I know in twins we run them 'till they break, for the most part!

SundaySocial likes this.
  11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I agree more manufacturers involved in the class is a plus, but messing with the rules package right now wouldn't be smart. There are rumors about CF Moto importing their Kawi clone into the US, and also a rumor about a KTM that might fit into the class regulations. We will see...

12. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

hell yea man hes a ripper for sure

13. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

I believe people are racing CF Moto bikes in twins class across the pond…

As for messing with rules package, if done correctly it wouldnt be a problem. SS being as an example of it being done correctly.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hey Noooooowwwww!!!!!!

I am supposed to be his teammate. He promised two Ninja 400 setups and we were going to go racing.

At the time I had two Toyboxes, but @motion dinked around so long, riding all over the world, and breaking bones in foreign countries, that he forgot about me. I even stored his Ninja 300 or KTM 390 in my garage for a few months.

I’ve since fantasized about trackdays and races around the country with @motion. But he hung me out to dry like a two bit whore. Always over promising, and under delivering. Starting some silly Royal Enfield rental program with the motto “you scratch it, I kill you”, and forgetting about me.

I’ve since become an over drugged, alcoholic. I have been wasting away, thinking about what could have been. My professional, Ninja 400 wrecking crew roadracing career, ruined by @motions lack of delivery.

I look for him to stop by on his way to Monarch Bay. But he avoids me, much like his first love, Rossi avoids him when he stalks Rossi in Tavullia.

My picture was on the box of Wheeties in this dream. No more Bruce or Kaitlan Jenner on the box, it was Richard and me on that box with our Rainbow colored Ninja 400’s.

This experience has been so difficult, I have had to sell both toy boxes to scrape together enough money to get by.

Richard please, start up the Ninja wrecking crew and add a third bike for @L8RSK8R.

We need this. Since the rental season is shut down, you now have the time to focus on the wrecking crew.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

so you started drinking early today Rob?:D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yes, I was doing statistical analysis on the drive across the country, you, or @YamahaRick, or I am contemplating for @SpeedWerks Racing.

At this point, we are going to have to hit warp drive, and possibly stock up on Nitrous!!!!:crackup:

If it were March 2020, we could probably tie this in with a record breaking cannonball run attempt. However, I’m afraid the traffic is back to normal and we wouldn’t be able to set a new record.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Funny you say that - I did a turn and burn to Michigan for a Slingshot GSXR a couple days after they sent us all home for the “pandemic”. That’s when their governor went full on Mussolini and the Michigan state troopers were stopping out of state plates and making sure you had a “legitimate reason” for being there.

Thank God for pay at the pump and rural roads.:D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

I’m not arguing about what is current and available to race these days, but I stand by what I said. There some inherent braking skills that get lost in racing the JC class. There are exceptions to everything though, like Tyler. But Tyler has also beat Jared Mees in a local dirt track, so maybe his experience and reach is far beyond what makes you successful in JC. Look at what Rocco did in JC, and Twins, but has struggled to convert it in SS without re-writing how he rides a motorcycle. And I think he’s quite talented too. I hope this didn’t sound argumentative, but more just discussion from my side of the fence.

malamute, ungwaha, Triple X and 7 others like this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I was all set to do this, but you seemed to have been distracted with buying and selling buildings in East LA. Honestly, I didn't think you would survive and would probably be opened up by a gang banger. Then, you were talking about buying a GT3RS so I knew you were going to have to sell your toy boxes for that $hit. I also heard you bought a Mercedes AMG and you were looking at moving up and buying in Ritz Cove. Talk like that is always the ending to roadracing dreams. Guys like that end up at indoor electric kart tracks trying to beat 14 year old girls' circuit records.

Anyway, I bought a Desmosedici and an inflatable hot tub. I moved on, @Boman Forklift. We can still talk about doing this, but we would have to go thru new racer's school by the time it finally happens. Also, I'm not sure Shakira will approve.

20. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

I hear ya. Maybe a combination of stuff read on here and the MA commentary about how riding the different bikes is so challenging to switch. I think talented riders will figure out how to go fast on whatever they are on. I try to keep my rider switching bikes as much as possible. Unfortunately we are stuck with R3/400 for roadracing for the next couple years given age limits locally. I'm sure too at the level Ty and Rocco are riding small things are really amplified.

lopitt85 likes this.