1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTO 2 Heart Rate Monitoring

Discussion in 'General' started by BobbyGrand, Jun 4, 2012.

1. BobbyGrand

BobbyGrand Well-Known Member

Pretty cool to see this in the MOTO 2 race this past weekend. They had a heart rate monitor hooked up to Tom Luthi and worked it in to the commentary for the race - he was up near 180 BPM when he was dicing for the podium with a few laps to go.

Pretty cool IMO - what did you guys think?

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Didn't they do this to Rossi a few years ago and his hardly rose at all?

3. BobbyGrand

BobbyGrand Well-Known Member

That wouldn't surprise me if Rossi was level the entire race - Luthi went from 150's to damn near 180 in the closing laps.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Christian Sarron was a guest commentator on Eurosport France. He said that he used to be around 40-42 BPM at the rest, and would rise up to 200 BPM while trying to stay alive on a screamer 500 back in the late 1980s. He said he couldn't even rest on the straights.

5. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

They did it in the movie "Faster" between Rossi and Biaggi. Rossi's only rose a little, Biaggi a lot.

I'd love to monitor my pulse and BP while riding. The numbers can't be good.

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I've done it before. My numbers said, "Right harder stupid" :)

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

You could......I have an older HRM, & I could get a max, average....etc. I'm sure the technology is out there now to download it.
    Mine: resting- mid 40's
    Max: I haven't in awhile....meaning a couple years, but I could hit like 210 before hitting the puke zone.
    180 is high, for a conditioned athlete.

8. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I have a Garmin GPS based heart rate monitor. It data logs my heart rate, speed, location.

I found my max heart rate one day. I nearly blacked out at 192bpm at age 34. :)

9. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

If you so wanted to, they have watches for this stuff that log it and will display it back to you on a graph upon download on a computer. They are pretty neat. Although I don't run with them all the time (sometimes I just don't want to see numbers), they are useful. I keep my heart rate up to about 188-190 range when I run 10k's.

10. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

I ran my HRM in one race yesterday...data collected on my android phone and displayed on endomondo.

Had to scale the picture down to upload it...red is heart rate, green is MPH. Average heart rate was 122 and high was 152.

I'm on an SV so plenty of time to relax on the front straight. :D

Attached Files:

• pir.jpg
      pir.jpg
      File size:
      274.6 KB
      Views:
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

Cool shit!

12. Chip

Chip Registered

I've done it and I got really slow and sloppy (more than usual) when my HR goes over 180 for any length of time.

13. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

Yeah, in "Faster" Costa comments and says Rossi' heart rate was similar to a child at play while Max' heart rate was very high. I wonder what Rossi' heart rate is on the Ducati-LMFAO!

14. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

I think Rossi's heart rate stayed around 125...:D