1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most ridiculous James Bond sequence

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Dec 14, 2018.

1. YOLT is my favorite Bond movie, for those scenes and a few others. Plus, it has the best soundtrack of any Bond movie, IMO.

OTOH there‘s Thunderball. Unbelievably fast boats, shark pools, and underwater battles with spear guns. Awesome stuff.

2. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Every time 'Golden Eye' comes on I make sure to watch that opening sequence.
    Oh, and no name will ever top Pussy Galore.

daviid and StaccatoFan like this.
  3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Craig is good, but not Connery good.

rd400racer likes this.
  4. Craig‘s character is much closer to the Bond character in the novels.

JBowen33 likes this.
  5. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Whenever Kato surprises him. I love that schtick!

ungwaha and Rising like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Even when he ran across the crocodiles in the swamp. Even that wasn't as bad as the windsurfing. The Croc Walk was amusing. It was cool.

8. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Octopussy is right up there! 91WAvxiqrZL._SX385_.jpg

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Connery set the standard for the character...He defines cool, always has in my opinion.

I respect Craig's Bond because he gives 007 more BAD ASS into the formula.

Brosnan edges out Moore for sucking as Bond. I'll watch a Roger Moore 007 movie. I'll turn the channel
    if a Brosnan 007 flick comes on. I couldn't stand Remington Steele, either because of him.

10. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

the way her name way said in one scene was hilarious ... Ock-i-ta-pussy

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Which Bond movie was it when Bond was at a Starsmucks full of hot chicks and instead of going all James Bond panty droping smooth and zooming ALL the chicks, he went to the double O BBS and asked what his next move should be?

shakazulu12 likes this.
  12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Damn ... both barrels on a Sunday am?!

13. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I keep reading the thread title as James Brown. Get on the good foot, get on up.

14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

TXFZ1 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally agree - but I also was into the books before I ever saw a movie and he is a much better fit for the character Flaming describes.

16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

While I agree, very much apples and oranges. The only thing done in T2 that was a true modern "special effect" with computers was the T1000 scenes.

Most everything else was done practically, with real stuntmen, and could NEVER be done today.

That amazing scene where the helicopter at the end dives UNDER the bridge? All of the camera operators refused to film it because of how dangerous it was...........so Cameron just filmed it himself.

CGI quality has grown exponentially in the last 20 years, however. We are quickly approaching a time where CGI will be indiscernible from reality........the last real challenge is crafting completely believable human recreations from scratch that don't suffer from the "uncanny valley." We're just about there, but still have to rely on things like motion and facial-capture to get close, though.

17. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I’ve never gotten into the Bond series but would like to. Just don’t want to start at the first and work through them all. Can I jump from installment to installment without getting lost or missing big character points?

18. ton

ton Arf!

my wife and i grew up with them and have been rewatching for a few months starting from the beginning. IMHO, they don't hold up to modern tastes. you'd be best off to just watch the Daniel Craig movies and call it good. Those are the best movies, anyway. everything else will just be disappointing unless you're looking for the source material for the Austin Powers movies.

pjzocc likes this.
  19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Never Say Never Again has a damn good motorcycle scene, don't forget!

20. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

CGI is only a problem when it’s done badly. So much CGI goes unnoticed. A lot of times it’s just to add background filler, or change the scene lighting etc. there was an awesome YouTube video about cgi. Lemme dig it up.

Imma gonna out it in the YouTube topic.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018