1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Metalhead Moment

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jun 30, 2019.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Lets see now. I had a bologna and cheese samich the other day and chased it with a Bud Light.

The end.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Fire and pointy things. I guess i could tell ya'll the story of how when I was 12 I stuck my hand to the counter top with a "Rambo Knife" and a can of vegetable beef soup,

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Haha, so here’s one:

When I was 8 or 9, there was a gas station with repair shop across the street from us.

They used to weld a lot there. I was always told not to look inside the flame/arc. Which I didn’t.

So one day, When they were not Welding, I walked up to them and asked how it worked. They explained me that it all works through power, creating a short circuit between plus and minus.

I mean how much do you want to go in depth with that with a nine-year-old.

That time I had already worked with remote control cars and I know about power and shit

But I had also observed, that the welder was plugged into the wall outlet which I knew I had way more power than my batteries in the car

So, I figured I could also do that at home. Got me a cable with a plug attached, stripped the wires , plugged it in and held the blank wire ends together

That was about a 5 inch blue spark, I flew backwards, breaker flipped and my mom came running down into the basement. I was laying on the floor kind of realizing that that was really bad and I somewhat dodged a bullet.

My mom asked : what just happened? My response was: I just tried to weld

The End
    ( luckily not )

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Zapped while welding is definitely a Metalhead Moment.

Wait was this in the Fatherland...with 230Volts???? Yikes...

Oh tell me you were waring Lederhosen too...:D

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

yes. 230V. that blue spark was impressive.

and no. i am not bavarian.

6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Most “impressive” thing you played with as a kid, eh? :Poke:

Phl218 likes this.
  7. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Thats easy. 13 year old girl across the street. I was 11 or 12.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Not going in depth but my brother and I knew the neighborhood girls inside out ;)

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

5” at age 8 :Poke:

Mind you, we didn’t have guns over there, so that was as close as I came to killing myself that age

Funkm05 likes this.
  10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Glad someone finally picked up on the lil dick joke I was getting at. :crackup: