1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Metalhead Moment

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Many years ago my father had what we called an English Ford as his work car. It was sitting out in front of the house as the family was having a picnic (Father, Aunt, Uncle and kids) in the back yard. A neighbor comes over, all excited, that the car was in fire! Dad grabs the hose and runs however my Aunt grabbed the other end of the same hose and ran the other way around the house. Hilarity erupted! My mother threw a bucket of play box sand on it.

Oh....The end.

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Did it have a crooked grill that was all yellow and hideous or something?

stk0308, motoracer1100 and auminer like this.
  3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

It brings me great joy to know I'm not the only dumbass on here. Carry on.

Banditracer likes this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Nope.
    But we're amateurs, novices, neophytes compared to you. You're like the reigning champion of dumbassness. No no more like the king or even better The Grand Poohbah of Dumbassness

Metalhead likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

i had a couple of beverages on an early Saturday afternoon with not much planned for the day. got bored and decided to change the oil on the truck.
    having recently done my deck, i had a pile of dirt from the grading and tilling before the gravel went down there.

figured, if i park the front of the truck on the hill, the oil will flow out better and i will have more room.

things i had not considered: dirt was not compacted AT ALL. truck is 2WD and the grass was wet.

i proceeded with draining the oil, having another beer, watching the truck let the oil drip out ...

what i wasn't exactly watching was how much the truck had already sunken into the loose dirt by then.

proceeded with filter and new oil, ready to get the truck off that hill (it was only 2 feet or so)

rear wheels start spinning. turning TC off. tread already packed with dirt and wet grass.

i proceed with rocking back and forth.

not helping.

getting 2x10s to put under back wheels hoping for traction.

not helping.

shoving 2x10s under front wheels. seeing oil pan already touching dirt.

ended up getting a shovel out, laying out 4x4's and 2x10s and finally also having to wash the truck.

Lesson learned:

get a 4WD

rd400racer likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

always have a beer handy when there's a chance of fire?

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Accuratized. :beer:

Phl218 likes this.
  8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Diesel. You clearly need a diesel 3500 for your lifestyle

Banditracer and Phl218 like this.
  9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Well, I hurricane cut (cut all the fronds but a couple) 110 big Palms. Threw them on my already big burn pile. Few weeks later I bought a boat that had been sitting for a while. Fuel smelled like varnish and I didn't want to take any chances with the outboard so I drained about 30 gallons of fuel out. It was kinda yellow and smelled nasty. Figured it wasn't very potent so I proceeded to soak the burn pile to get rid of it. I called for my burn permit. Wind was blowing a bit so they said no permit today. I pitched a fit and Forestry went ahead and issued it. Had a few cold ones, poured a gas line away from the pile and lit it. When that fire hit the pile it sounded like a bomb went off.........instant 80' flames. I'm pissing my pants. The roar of those flames was deafening. The palm tree closest to the pile caught fire, then the boots started falling off of it and the grass caught fire. Now I'm really shitting myself. I jumped on my SXS and headed to the house for a hose. The pile is at least 100 yards from the pile. I'm grabbing every hose off every hose bib off the house. I get back there and luckily was able to get it under control w/o calling the fire department.

Next time I'm using diesel fuel.

The End.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I stand by what I said.

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Kiss it.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

The End?

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Hey ... your Wisconsin is showing. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

My old Civic (early 90s?) engine died on the way to work.

Towed it home and got down on diagnostics. Installed remote starter switch.

Spark? - Remove two of the spark plugs and check. Nice big & fat blue sparks all around.

Fuel? - (IIRC this was Throttle Body injection) I skirted some fuel in TB to see if we got a kick.

Instead I got served a face full of fire from the fuel being ignited by the perfectly placed spark plugs, right above their respective open holes....

Dumbass. Singed Dumbass.

It ended up being the screw holding the rotor (yes, that old) that had back out, turning but randomly.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

ducnut likes this.
  16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Gas fumes will get ya’, every single time.

I had cleared ~2-1/2ac of leaves with my ZTR and vac system. The following week I lit that huge pile with a gas/kerosene mix. Unfortunately, I wasn’t as expedient as I needed to be and a slight breeze kicked up. When I squeezed the trigger on my igniter, the fumes and pile erupted. As the fireball came at me, I immediately hit the ground and started rolling. My employee said “That was some cool shit!”. SMH. That was some stupid shit.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

I grill with gas. (Yes- infrared side burner)

But for lighting fire, I use the propane bottle and a torch on a hose. Easy

19. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Sooooo,

If you fuk up something and it involves fire, it's a Metalhead Moment?

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

Pretty much.

But you have to fire your wife and re-hire her too.