1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most competitive class for '01

Discussion in 'General' started by bgoodwin, Jan 18, 2001.

1. bgoodwin

bgoodwin Half Ass

Lightweight twins is my guess. Lots of good riders moving up into Expert, and National Challenge class. Anyone who watched some of the battles last year will probably agree. Proliferation of the SV has really pumped up the small classes. Look for a couple of 2-valve Ducatis to give the SVs major trouble.

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Yup it will be interesting to say the least. Anyone need someone to ride their LW-Twin? [​IMG]

3. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Well, I think there's going to be some good racing in the MA novice D-Super and F2 classes....now that I've got my new 400. Watch out, people. I aim to WIN! RAWR! MUWAHAHAA!

Sean Jordan
    '90 FZR400 Deathbike
    WERA Novice #230

4. kawboy

kawboy Guest

No, but you can help me learn to ride and set up my SV :)
    OK, how many bikes do you guys expect to see in LW? This will be my first year and if the grids are really huge, I might want to limit the first couple of weekends to Friday Bargy practice.

5. wookie

wookie Well-Known Member

i think its gotta be c-supersport-novice. critter has taken the throne in a sense and well all be chasing him ( or dodging him at some places!!!)

oh wait us huntsville boys have never been fast have we ?

6. gocr6

gocr6 i fall down....

i thought critter moved on up?

7. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Don't be intimidated by huge grids.

8. bgoodwin

bgoodwin Half Ass

Speaking of huge grids, with proddie gone the new superstock novice has the potential to be HUGE. We all know what goes along with that.

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

as a crash truck i would like to say. I'M SCARED!

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bunch of daggone wimps - y'all ain't never seen a grid til you've seen 80+ bikes at the GNF... Back rows had to hold on their brakes to keep from rolling (and I am not exagerating...).

11. bgoodwin

bgoodwin Half Ass

Should be fun gridding bikes half-way around the carousel at TGPR. Imagine all those ass-packers funneling into T1.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We still do grid limits of 25 bikes per mile of track with some variations for track width, class, etc...

13. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

I am Woman, hear me Roar! [​IMG]

14. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

i think i was gridded on that hill at road a before. makes you try harded the next year so you wont get put there again

15. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

Clap, clap, clap...Applause...Cheering!

Kudos for having 3-2-3-2 gridding as your standard.

#545 Keith Palmer

> Kudos for having 3-2-3-2 gridding as your standard

Picture this: that other race org. at CMP in 11/98 for the first time... Grid up 40-or-so bikes 4-3-4-etc. on the short front straight and launch them the maybe 100-some yards to the 90-some degree left handed T1... DOH! [​IMG]

After that, they've backed the back row up almost up to the exit of the last turn...

> I am Woman, hear me Roar!

From "Coach" (what do I win...? [​IMG]

Ooops - I meant "at CMP in 11/99 for the first time"

[This message has been edited by #545 (edited 01-19-2001).]

17. AnthonyDuc

AnthonyDuc Well-Known Member

I think your right bgoodwin not many people pay attention to the smaller bikes because they don't run 160+ down the straights.The LW twins is going to prove to be very exciting this year.See ya at the track.