1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moriwaki MD250H

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by punchsponge, Mar 13, 2021.

1. punchsponge

punchsponge Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I figured that the 2-stroke, Formula 3 crowd was more of my target audience. For Sale: Moriwaki MD250H hot rod. 20.5 hours on an R motor, (roller start), that was a spare for Nolan Lamkin when he was running a Moriwaki. Stock R head and valves; Kibblewhite springs, retainers and clips; stock crank and bearing; standard bore with a 14.5 Wiseco piston; FULLY POLISHED X gearbox; aftermarket clutch basket with standard plates and disks; Stage 3 cam. Jetted and dynode by MPH Ohio: 40.67hp, (see sheet). Set up to accommodate a larger rider with Apex Manufacturing adjustable clip-ons, SP125 Racing setback plates and 2” added to the subframe. Sag set by MPH for 175lbs with gear. Bike was last raced two years ago at Gingerman and will need tires. I’d also suggest a mellow afternoon spent checking torques, cable routing, bodywork fitment, etc. – just a general going-over. I’ve never had an off riding it, but it looks to have been down before, so cosmetically the bike is far from perfect. Current bodywork is a rattle can ten-footer with an ugly patch on the upper. Price is $5,600 with bodywork, or $5,400 without because it will fit my kart track bike. For the asking price, I’ll throw in close to a complete set of gearing, some extra rearset hangers, and maybe some brake pads if I can find them. Not really interested in trades unless it would be for something to run AHRMA Next Generation Superbike Lightweight that isn’t an EX500. Sold with bill of sale. Located in Chillicothe, Ohio. Many thanks for looking. JE

Attached Files:

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

How tall are you, I have some interest and never rode my son's because I didn't want to mess his setup for me to try it out.

So does it have an R motor with an X transmission? I'm confused because the R motor comes with a better transmission for road racing (closer ratio) which is one of the reasons many of us put in R motors in our Moriwakis? The X was nice because it came with an electric start and the R needed bump starting.

I can't tell very well on the pictures, but is the rear muffler all thrashed? You mentioned a dyno sheet but it isn't attached. I'm impressed with the horsepower, because the original hotrod we bought had a ported head, cams, and a better crank but only made 39.9HP on the dyno. I do realize all dyno's are different. We ended up pulling that motor and putting in a R motor to get the better transmission and sold the X crank and head to an older guy like me in the Pacific Northwest.

Can you PM me additional pictures or I can PM you my phone number if you prefer to text them?

Thanks

3. punchsponge

punchsponge Well-Known Member

Sorry, sold.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Congratulations on the quick sale. Are we having another young fast kid coming to the grid on it?

The only good thing about this is I didn't have to spend time figuring out if I could fit on it and how to transport it to S. cal. :)

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Rob, you can't fit on it, LOL. Maybe scare up a RC390 Cup bike?

6. Boman Forklift

Probably true, just have an emotional attachment to the Moriwaki, since Tyler raced it at Indy and I still have some of that bodywork. It would have been fun to get it and put his old bodywork on it and surprise him, but also I would have wanted to take it out.

Regarding the KTM, I think I would try and find a race prepped Ninja 400, as that seems like the go to bike for that class and this old fat guy doesn’t need any additional handicaps. Lolol

motion likes this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If you race, I'll buy one too and store it next to yours in your garage and fly down for races :)

8. Boman Forklift

Hey you already stored one in my garage for at least six months and we didn’t race together at all.

I’m thinking instead, you should buy two and I will store them in my garage plus I’ll go ahead and drive them out to the track for us in my trailer.

My toy hauler has a separate bedroom in the front and the two beds in the back section so we would be able to sleep away from each other, so I won’t have to listen to you snore. :crackup:

If I charge enough for storage and transportation that should cover my entry fees you and tires so I’ll be racing for free.

It will be the first time my racing has ever been at almost no cost, I will Feel Like A Pro!!!!

motion likes this.
  9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

10. Boman Forklift

No doubt about that.

@motion previously owned a Ninja rental company and I known Brian Bartlow, who owned Feel Like A Pro before selling it and starting his dirt version in N cal.

That could be the smarter way to do it. Then with all that money I saved, I could buy an airline ticket and do some boating with you in Michigan.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

LOL, Rob, trolling for sponsorship on the Beeb.

12. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

You two would be loads of fun to ride or race with on Moriwakis. If you get this all worked out, shoot me a note, I'd be in in a heartbeat. :)

Rob, I can tell you have the bug... if you end up buying something that requires a roller starter, I have one I'd sell.

motion and Boman Forklift like this.