1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More WERA/ FUSA from Road Atlanta.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by yamageezer, Feb 21, 2017.

1. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Couldn't help but not post this. Better races, better ads, cheesier 90s rock music!!!

2. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

That was a great weekend,,thanks for finding that.

yamageezer likes this.
  3. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I was there . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

yamageezer likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me too, that's the year I moved to Bluffton and lived with Bargy :D

5. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Cool video! And again with Mike Sullivan... (In the GSXR1100 Saturday heat race.) That dude got around back in the day.

yamageezer likes this.
  6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I was there and camping.... I remember talking with Tom Kipp in the Pits also....Building a fire and camping at the top of T-5... Crazy stuff going on in the Infield back there at night... People getting drug around behind a truck on a upside down car hood and all....

yamageezer likes this.
  7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

8. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Turn 6 we camped out.Best racing memories back then.All those fruity colors on the bikes back then LOL

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Were you the guys that protected my banners until after racing was done Sunday?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Then again that might have been the crew in T7.

ToofPic likes this.
  11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I'm sorry,but no...We were the ones that usually got yelled at the next morning for acting up,and not letting decent people sleep.
    I seem to remember one of my friends pulling up pine trees on the outside of turn 6,and having to be removed from the track late one night.
    We may have been guilty of drinking just a bit too much?:beer:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That all describes the peeps in T7 too :D

yamageezer likes this.
  13. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

watched my first motorcycle race at Road A in 1993! All I remember is that it as PACKED!!!

Wall to wall people from the front to the back. I found a RGV250 next to a van with a for sale
    sign and had no idea what it was and then realized it was a two stroke. Spent a month trying
    to figure out how to buy it and finally bought it. Later in 1995 I took Bargy's school on it and
    raced 4 weekends with WERA as a novice on it...Back then even D-SBK had 3 wave starts!!!

I wish the spectator enthusiasm and media coverage had grown instead of decline over the years....

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well - a large part of the draw was the event as a whole - mainly the party. That carried over to the AMA going back to Road Atlanta. But then came the spectators getting hurt badly or killed during the party which brought in more security and control - which killed the party and the turnouts.

Also at the time we held pretty much the biggest events at Road Atlanta - Petite didn't exist yet, Valvoline runoffs had moved to Mid-O, no AMA Pro. It was a combination of all that which led to the crowds.