1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More specific firearm accessories questions.....

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Oct 16, 2020.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I felt it would be lost in the handgun thread a bit. I am looking for recommendations in the following areas:

1. Optic for my Springfield Armory Saint Vincent
    (only will be used for plinking, suppressing tyranny and riot protection.....:D, all under 100 yards)
    2. Single point sling for the above firearm
    3. Red dot optic for my 1911

Thanks in advance.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

1) I have found Holosun (510c red laser) works very well on my MP-5 and HK-94. The Holosun has an EoTech reticle pattern.
    I have EoTechs with magnifiers on my SBRs (300blk) and AR-pistols (5.56/223)
    I have a 1.5-5 Leupold on one AR and an ACOG on another. (5.56/223)

2) I think my slings are magpul. 2point that can be adjusted to single point if needed.

that's all I got, as I don't have any 1911s.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

If you want a scope, I'd recommend taking a look at the Athlon Helos BTR 1-4.5 service rifle scope. 30mm tube, illuminated reticle, side parallax adjustment, single rotation elevation and impressive glass for a sub $400 scope.
    I'm going to toss it on my still hunting gun for deer season.

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

* Victor

An ACOG is hard to beat for your app. I'd pick a Holosun if not for your desire to plink at 100.

Have you considered a Vickers sling? I've used single pt. slings and liked them. But was pushed into trying a Blue Force Vickers and now I don't think that I'd go back.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

For "all under 100 yards", you don't need optics. If you're gonna red dot your 1911, it makes sense to have two, one for each firearm. For the rifle application, you may want to consider a co-witnessed set-up with your BUIS. Look for the best warranty.

I bet that Vickers does the business properly...it looks like a modern version of the ol' tried-n-true 1907 rifle sling.
    Another sling to consider is TAB Gear.

6. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

I’ve got the Vortex Strikefire 2 on mine & am very pleased with it.

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

For a rifle platform, whatever you think is cool and prefer and isn’t a Chinese clone. Trijicon, eotech, aimpoint, holosun, vortex. All great shit. I like the aimpoint comp m2s. You can get them off eBay for like $300 used. I’ve got a couple of Trijicons acogs too and they’re nice. Eotechs are also cool for different applications. For new go with the holosuns from best bang for your buck.

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'll throw the Sig Romeo sights in the mix. I love my 8.

Also look for shake-awake. Move the weapon and it turns on. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and it turns off. No power button to fool with.

5axis likes this.